- Job no: 58525
- Category: Administration, Administration & Office Support
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- ASPREE-XT Administration Assistant (Endpoint)
- Fixed Term, Full-time
Alfred Health is the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne and is also a major provider of specialist services to people across Victoria. The health service operates three outstanding facilities: The Alfred, Caulfield, and Sandringham.
Further information about Alfred Health is available at www.alfredhealth.org.au
ASPirin in Reducing Events in the Elderly (ASPREE) was a 5-7 year primary prevention clinical trial, coordinated from the Alfred Centre in Melbourne, and was aimed at assessing whether daily treatment of aspirin prolongs healthy lifespan through the prevention of heart attack, stroke, cognitive decline, physical decline and some cancers, such as bowel cancer. The intervention phase of ASPREE is now over, but an observational follow on study continues, called ASPREE-XT (for ASPREE-eXTension). ASPREE-XT is an international multicentre study which is conducted primarily by face to face visits with participants in general practice in Australia, and clinical trial centres and primary care clinics in the United States.
The Administration Assistant will be responsible for sourcing clinical documents from a range of stakeholders including hospitals, GP clinics, imaging and pathology services for clinical events of interest. All clinical documents will be uploaded to the specific participant’s electronic file and then all identifying information to be removed and documents sorted into document types – discharge summary, imaging reports, pathology results etc.
The Administration Assistant will be required to demonstrate excellent rapport building skills with the stakeholders, and be committed to effectively meeting their needs in a helpful and professional way.
The Administration Assistant will be encouraged to identify and document any difficulties associated with the conduct of the study, including document retrieval and data entry issues, and bring these to the attention of the Endpoint Manager in a timely manner.
The role will require the Administration Assistant to demonstrate strong initiative and decision making in prioritising work load to accomplish given tasks, to self-manage time efficiently, and to provide support to other staff members where required.
The successful applicant must meet the following key selection criteria:
- A degree in a relevant area, from a recognised university or combination of relevant work experience and education/training in a relevant field.
- Must have a congenial friendly manner and sensitive approach to dealing with study participant’s confidential information with a willingness to learn new skills.
- Highly organised with proven ability to appropriately prioritise tasks and manage time efficiently to reach expected outcomes, in a busy environment;
- High-level of written and verbal communication skills;
- Computer literacy in databases, word processing and spreadsheets;
- Sharp attention to detail and evidence of ability to adhere strictly to protocol and working guidelines;
- Thorough understanding of human research ethics principles;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, along with a demonstrated capacity to work with others in the workplace in a collegiate manner.
The Administration Assistant role provides an opportunity for the successful applicant to be part of a world-renowned ‘gold standard’ study, providing clinicians with scientific evidence of the longer term effects of aspirin on the health of the elderly population.
All enquiries to Dr Sharyn Fitzgerald (ASPREE-XT Senior Endpoint Manager) – email@example.com
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and Influenza with a TGA approved vaccine and must provide evidence of their vaccination status. This is in accordance with the Victorian Minister of Health’s Mandatory Vaccination Orders for COVID-19 and legislated requirement for influenza vaccination.
- Closed 9 days ago - 08 Aug 2022