- Job no: 58416
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Other Allied Health / Medical Science
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Assistant In Nursing (AIN) position
- Permanent, part-time position
- 76 hours per fortnight; rotating roster across Monday - Sunday, morning and afternoon shifts
- Based at The Alfred
- Join Alfred Health's high performing Trauma and Orthopaedic Ward
Ward 5 West is Alfred Health's Trauma and Orthopaedic ward, receiving road, domestic and workplace trauma patients at The Alfred. Our patients are received from the Emergency & Trauma Centre, Intensive Care and Operating Theatres along with a small portion of elective Orthopaedic admissions. The teams focus is on delivering patient-centred care to our group of complex patients within a supportive environment to promote accountable and safe care. We work together as an interdisciplinary team to deliver excellence in patient experience and surgical care at The Alfred.
The role of the AIN is to provide support to the nursing team in the delivery of safe and quality patient centred care. Then AIN is required to work under the direction and supervision of a registered nurses at all times, within their level of education and assessed competencies and also under clearly defined role parameters. This includes assisting patients with ADLs, positioning and transfers, supervising patients and providing general support on the ward to ensure effective and efficient delivery of patient care.
The successful candidate for this role will:
- Be passionate about providing excellent patient care and the patient experience
- Have strong teamwork and communication skills
- Be available to work across a 7-day roster that includes morning, afternoon and weekend shifts
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Certificate III in Health Services Assistance (Acute) or willingness to undertake additional units if required
- Previous experience working in a healthcare setting
- Basic computer skills
- Access to Salary Packaging and Novated Leasing
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives
- On-site child care centre
- On-site gymnasium
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you complete an application now, including a cover letter and resume.
For a confidential discussion please contact Anita Streat on 9076 2900
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and Influenza with a TGA approved vaccine and must provide evidence of their vaccination status. This is in accordance with the Victorian Minister of Health’s Mandatory Vaccination Orders for COVID-19 and legislated requirement for influenza vaccination.
- Closed 11 days ago - 07 Aug 2022