- Job no: 58346
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Other Allied Health / Medical Science
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Part time - 70 hours per fortnight
- Permanent ongoing
- Classification : Grade 2 or 3 Theatre Technician
- Located at The Alfred
- Great staff benefits including generous salary packaging
- Excellent professional development opportunities
The Surgical Services Program consists of 16 specialty surgical units across Alfred Health, the Department of Anaesthesia and Peri-operative Medicine, surgical inpatient wards, Alfred Health theatres and procedure rooms and Central Sterilising Service. A total of 23,000 surgical procedures are completed annually including state wide services for Heart/Lung Transplant, Trauma and Burns.
Alfred Health currently has the opportunity for a part-time Theatre Technician to take on work at The Alfred Hospital. In this role you will facilitate the safe and efficient passage of surgical patients through the Operating Rooms during the peri-operative period.
You will be expected to perform Theatre Technician duties promptly and efficiently, and with minimum supervision (where appropriate) and to provide guidance to less experienced Theatre Technicians.
You will be required to work a combination of 10 and 8 hours shifts at The Alfred Centre and The Alfred's Main Operating Suites. You will be expected to be on call and be able to work evening, weekend and night shifts.
This position is to be offered as a Grade 4 position, depending on the experience and qualifications of the successful candidates. Mayfield Certificate or equivalent is required for Grade 2 and 3 positions.
- Completed Certificate III Mayfield Health Service Assistance (Operating Theatre Technical Support). Or equivalent.
- Proven experience as a Theatre Technician.
- Satisfy competencies expected by Alfred Health as laid out in Grade 2 Competency Booklet.
- Access to Salary Packaging and Novated Leasing
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives in addition to discounted health insurance
For more information, please refer to attached Position Description
For further enquiries please contact John Michailidis on 9076 0166
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and Influenza with a TGA approved vaccine and must provide evidence of their vaccination status. This is in accordance with the Victorian Minister of Health’s Mandatory Vaccination Orders for COVID-19 and legislated requirement for influenza vaccination.
- Published on 28 Mar 2023, 12:49 AM