- Job no: 58288
- Category: Nurse, Management
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Clinical Support Nurse (Nurse Pool)
- Permanent Position
- Part Time (64 hours per fortnight)
- Position Classification Code YW11-YW12
- Excellent professional development opportunities
- Amazing benefits
The Nursing Allocation office is based at The Alfred and provides supplementary staff to both Alfred and Sandringham sites when required due to increased service demand or shortfall in staffing requirements. The service provides advanced and just in time bookings.
The unit works in collaboration with Caulfield Hospital allocation unit to provide the overall service for Alfred Health.
The staff that are provided from this service includes General, psychiatric nurse and enrolled nurses, RUSON's, AIN's, clerical staff and patient attendants. The staff can be provided via various contractual arrangements including permanent part-time (Pool), Casual (Bank) or Contractual (Agency).
The service also provides a variety of workforce reports and assists in various workforce strategies across the health service.
A number of management and allocation structures support this process.
The role of the Clinical Support Nurse (CSN) is to support the transition of supplementary staff to the clinical environment and support clinical learning in a practical and applied way. The role may include the development of innovative practices to improve the quality of health delivery, assisting with planning, implementing and evaluating care and practices as required. The CSN will reflect the values of the Nursing Services by exemplifying and promoting excellence in practice.
- Registered Nurse, (APHRA) Nurses Board of Australia
- Commitment to the principles of quality management and evidence-based practice in nursing
- Post Graduate Education qualification or evidence that this is being undertaken
- Minimum of 6 months’ recent experience supervising nurses in acute clinical areas
- Current and satisfactory Police Check
- Current and satisfactory Working with Children Check
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Evidence of completion of all manadatory training requirements of current organisation
- Access to Salary Packaging and Novated Leasing
- Discounted Health Insurance
- Staff Car Parking (subject to availability)
- Onsite Gym (Alfred Hospital)
- Childcare Services (Alfred Hospital)
If you are interested in this position, please view a copy of the attached Position description, which further details the responsibilities and scope of the role.
Enquiries: Jannine Martin, Bank & Pool Manager, 9076 2500 (option 3) or on M: 0447 044 933
Applications close Wednesday, 10 August 2022
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and Influenza with a TGA approved vaccine and must provide evidence of their vaccination status. This is in accordance with the Victorian Minister of Health’s Mandatory Vaccination Orders for COVID-19 and legislated requirement for influenza vaccination.
- Closes in 8 days - 25 Aug 2022