- Job no: 58276
- Category: Junior Medical, Registrar
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
The Victorian Melanoma Service (VMS) is Victoria's largest multidisciplinary treatment service for melanoma and has been operating at The Alfred for 28 years. It has accumulated a large database of more than 11,500 patients treated for melanoma. This database has been a vital underpinning for our internationally recognised program of research and has contributed significant new insights into melanoma. The service participates in a variety of clinical trials.
This position offers the opportunity to undertake a personal program of research in melanoma with the close supervision of the staff of the clinic.
The position is suitable for applicants who are preparing themselves to apply for a specialty training program in a related clinical discipline, eg dermatology.
Clinics are Wednesdays - up to 14 hours a fortnight.
The VMS clinical registrar will be responsible for the following;
- The clinical assessment of new and review patients attending the VMS. As a state based tertiary and quaternary referral facility these assessments need to be of the highest standard.
- Presentation of patients to senior consultants prior to their assessment.
- Presentation of patient assessments to the multidisciplinary melanoma panel meeting.
- Arranging referrals and investigations as determined by the consultants and the panel meeting.
- Facilitating and participating in clinical trials and research studies and liaising with the research nurse.
- Ensuring accurate and complete data collection in the clinic.
- Liaising with the data manager for the VMS on issues relating to clinical data collection.
The clinical registrars report to A/Prof Victoria Mar, Director - Victorian Melanoma Service.
For enquiries contact our Business Manager, Megan Worley at M.Worley@alfred.org.au
Tentative date for interviews is Wed 17 August 2022
Applications close Wed 10 August 2022
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and Influenza with a TGA approved vaccine and must provide evidence of their vaccination status. This is in accordance with the Victorian Minister of Health’s Mandatory Vaccination Orders for COVID-19 and legislated requirement for influenza vaccination.
- Closed 8 days ago - 10 Aug 2022