- Job no: 58225
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Allied Health Assistance
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Engagement Worker Mental Health
- Full time – 80 hours per fortnight, including an ADO
- Fixed-Term – February 2024
- Social Worker/Occupational Therapist Grade 1, or Registered Psychiatric Nurse Grade 2
- Staff benefits
Services are provided by a number of teams located at the Alfred Hospital (Commercial Road, Prahran) and at St. Kilda Road Clinic, Alma Road CCU in St. Kilda, the Child & Adolescent Service located in Moorabbin, Aged Mental Health Service at Caulfield Hospital and Headspace service in various locations in Victoria. Alfred Mental and Addiction Health also works in partnership with relevant local non-government and social support agencies.
Newly graduated health practitioners who are nurses (Registered and Enrolled), social workers and occupational therapists will be eligible to be employed as ‘mental health engagement workers’ in community-based adult services. The role will help improve consumer outcomes
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Essential: Recently graduated health practitioner in nursing, social work or occupational therapy
- Strong interest in mental health and well-being and a career in mental health sector
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including excellent telephone manner.
- Clear communication skills, both verbal and written
- A high level of administrative, logistic, schedule management, organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work as a team member and contribute to team decisions, as well as the willingness to take advice and direction
- An understanding of the range of issues experienced by people experiencing mental illness. Presenting with high-level needs, and a commitment to helping meet the needs of consumers and families/carers.
- Computer literacy, including knowledge of the Microsoft suite of programs and the internet
- Possession of a full current Victorian driver’s license is essential.
- Salary packaging
- Novated leasing
- Onsite gym
- Easy public transport access
Enquiries: Valerie Grueva, Nurse Manager, CMHT on 03) 9076 9849
To apply: Please click on the APPLY FOR THIS JOB button
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and Influenza with a TGA approved vaccine and must provide evidence of their vaccination status. This is in accordance with the Victorian Minister of Health’s Mandatory Vaccination Orders for COVID-19 and legislated requirement for influenza vaccination.
- Closes in 12 hours - 18 Aug 2022
- Published on 04 Aug 2022, 3:24 AM