- Job no: 58177
- Category: Senior Medical, Visiting Medical Officer
About the Department
Alfred Health provides comprehensive specialist physical and mental healthcare to residents of Melbourne’s inner south, in addition to a range of state-wide services. Alfred Health is a leader in delivery of high-quality healthcare, research and training.
Alfred Mental & Addiction Health (AMAH) has a reputation for excellence and innovation in service delivery.
About the Role
Applications are invited for the position of Locum Visiting Medical Officer in Inpatient Psychiatry at Alfred Health, to work up to 20 hours per week.
Qualifications and Skills Required
Our preferred candidate must possess the following experience and attributes:
- Be legally qualified practitioners, registered or registrable with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- Fellow of the relevant college
- Demonstrable relevant knowledge and experience in Psychiatry
- Meeting Alfred Health requirements for credentialing and scope of practice in Psychiatry
- Outstanding communication skills, including well-developed conflict resolution skills
- Ability to liaise well with other staff at all levels
- Demonstrated flexibility in problem solving and the capability to develop and sustain highly collaborative relationships with others/ other teams.
Working at Alfred Health, you will be part of a talented, caring, dedicated and innovative team committed to improving the lives of our patients and their families, our communities and humanity. You will work as part of a team in an environment that values respect, support and compassion as much as knowledge, skills and wisdom.
Alfred Health staff can also access a great range of other workplace benefits.
Enquiries: A/Prof Simon Stafrace, Program Director, Alfred Mental and Addiction Health via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 03 9076 3964.
Applications close: Sunday, 11th September 2022
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and Influenza with a TGA approved vaccine and must provide evidence of their vaccination status. This is in accordance with the Victorian Minister of Health’s Mandatory Vaccination Orders for COVID-19 and legislated requirement for influenza vaccination.
- Closes in 25 days - 11 Sep 2022
- Published on 15 Aug 2022, 6:56 AM