- Job no: 58103
- Category: Nurse, Registered Nurse
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Fixed Term, Full-Time Positions (ending 30th June 2023, with opportunities to extend)
- 80 hours per fortnight - with flexible ADOs
- Hours can be negotiated at a part-time capacity
- Location: Caulfield Hospital
- Classification: RN Grade 4A
- Great staff benefits!
The Mobile Assessment and Treatment Service [MATS] sits within the Hospital Admission Risk Program (HARP) program, and is funded as a Health Independence Program [HIP]. HIP services aim to increase health independence for clients, their carers, and significant others. The Mobile Assessment & Treatment Service (MATS) is a multi-disciplinary team consisting of Medical, nursing, allied health, pharmacy and admin roles, overseen clinically by Geriatricians. The service provides rapid clinical in-reach to residents in residential aged care facilities [RACFs] and the community, who are at risk of presenting to emergency departments for reasons that could be managed outside of the hospital setting. The MATS patient cohorts are the frail and elderly, or those with severe disability in residential settings. Often MATS patients have a range of chronic conditions and conditions of ageing.
- Triage incoming referrals to MATS from the community (eg: RACF’s, GP’s, AV), wards, and emergency departments.
- Conduct Initial needs identification and prioritisation assessments of all new referrals.
- Manage the allocation of workload for the outreach teams, according to the acuity of referrals and the complexity of care.
- Optimise the utilisation of resources through well-considered allocation and co-locate visits where ever possible.
- Respond to hospital and ED pt flow pressures, by undertaking/allocating fast-track assessments and patient transfers to MATS
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing.
- Current professional registration with AHPRA.
- Five years or more of clinical experience
- Sound clinical knowledge of complex health and medical conditions
- Solid understanding of the health sector
- Postgraduate qualifications in gerontology nursing and/or palliative care nursing
- Clinical competence/credentialled in catheterisation for male/female IDC’s & SPC’s; IV Cannulation; Gastrostomy Tube management.
- Recent clinical experience in General Medicine, Acute aged care, or Emergency Nursing.
- Salary packaging and novated leasing are available via Maxxia
- 5-Weeks of annual leave + flexible monthly ADOs
- Discount Health Insurance
- health and well-being incentives
- Car Parking (subject to availability)
- Onsite gym
Applications close at 11pm Sunday, 4th December 2022
Please contact Georgina Calder with queries regarding this role, email: G.Calder@alfred.org.au
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and Influenza with a TGA approved vaccine and must provide evidence of their vaccination status. This is in accordance with the Victorian Minister of Health’s Mandatory Vaccination Orders for COVID-19 and legislated requirement for influenza vaccination.
- Closed 5 days ago - 04 Dec 2022