- Job no: 58027
- Category: Junior Medical, HMO
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
Monash Alfred Psychiatry Research Centre (MAPrc), The Alfred Hospital and Monash University.
Research Medical Officer
- Cutting edge clinical research
- Supportive team environment
- Excellent professional development opportunities
An exciting position is available to join a dynamic clinical mental health research team at MAPrc, led by Professor Jayashri Kulkarni (AM) at MAPrc based at The Alfred Hospital starting February 2023. The MAPrc team are focused on two main areas; women’s mental health and psychopharmacology. Our goal is to enhance the current treatments available and develop new treatments and new approaches that will benefit people living with mental illness.
This position will provide medical input into the conduct of multiple clinical trials being conducted at MAPrc. The position will also be an integral part of the clinical research team at MAPrc and will have the opportunity to engage in all aspects of the research process. The position will involve administration of a number of specialised clinical rating scales for which training will be offered as required.
You will have:
- A medical degree with current registration
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including written and verbal skills,
- Strong attention to detail and ability to adhere to documentation guidelines,
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise tasks to meet deadlines,
- Prior mental health and/or clinical trials experience is highly desirable.
- Prior experience in clinical research and/or clinical trials is highly desirable
This role is a full-time but could be part-time by negotiation and is a 12 month contract position.
Enquiries - Anthony de Castella, 03 9076 6564, Anthony.email@example.com
Closing Date - Tuesday, 16 August 2022
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and Influenza with a TGA approved vaccine and must provide evidence of their vaccination status. This is in accordance with the Victorian Minister of Health’s Mandatory Vaccination Orders for COVID-19 and legislated requirement for influenza vaccination.
- Closed 2 days ago - 16 Aug 2022