- Job no: 56842
- Category: Administration, Administration & Office Support
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Assistant in Nursing (AIN)
- Classification - Health Care Worker
- Caulfield Hospital location
- Multiple positions available
- Excellent Staff Benefits
Caulfield and Sandringham Nurse Pool supports a wide range of services for both campuses. The Nurse Pool provides the supplementary workforce promoting effective seamless care from acute care back to the community. Our staff covers emergency, acute ward, geriatric ward, geriatric psychiatric, rehabilitation, and community care within Caulfield and Sandringham campuses.
The role of the AIN is to provide support to the nursing team in the delivery of safe and quality patient-centred care. The AIN must work under the direction and supervision of a registered nurse at all times, within their level of education and assessed competencies and under clearly defined role parameters. The main objectives of this role are:
- To participate in delegated care delivery relating to patient activities of daily living, ensuring that the personal needs and comfort of patients is maintained
- To assist in providing a safe patient environment and additional supervision ensuring patient safety is maintained
- To enhance patient recovery by assisting with patient bed positioning, transfers, ambulation and other care activities as outlines in the AIN specific duty list within the care environment
- Within the confines of the AIN role, to provide general support to the Wards/Units, ensuring effective and efficient care delivery
- A commitment to Alfred Health values: Integrity, Accountability, Collaboration and Knowledge
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of an interdisciplinary team
- A willingness to contribute to quality patient care
- Good interpersonal skills, including an ability to communicate effectively with other staff, patients and families
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions and complete tasks and activities as delegated by the supervising registered nurse within the required timeframe
- Be aware of limitations in knowledge and seek support from the supervising registered nurse wherever required
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Commitment to a professional work ethic
- Basic computer skills
- Salary packaging and Novated Leasing
- Discounted Health Insurance
- Staff car parking (subject to availability)
Contact: For all enquiries regarding this position, please contact Joseph Chu (Nursing and Staffing Allocation Manager) at email@example.com
Applications close 8th August 2022
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and Influenza with a TGA approved vaccine and must provide evidence of their vaccination status. This is in accordance with the Victorian Minister of Health’s Mandatory Vaccination Orders for COVID-19 and legislated requirement for influenza vaccination.
- Closed 10 days ago - 08 Aug 2022