Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Permanent EFT
- Part-time - 6 hours per fortnight either Saturday or Sunday, or consecutive days (Saturday and Sunday 12 hours per fortnight)
- Grade 2 Classification -AJ1-AJ4
- Alfred Location
- Staff benefits
Alfred Health’s Nutrition Department provides an integrated nutrition and dietetic service at The Alfred, Sandringham and Caulfield Hospitals. It aims to provide nutritional care to Alfred Health’s patients during their healthcare journey including prevention of malnutrition, optimising nutritional wellbeing and recovery.
Alfred Health Nutrition is seeking a Grade 2 dietitian to join a busy clinical department to provide an essential clinical service to our weekends. The Alfred Nutrition Department offers nutrition services across Alfred, Caulfield and Sandringham Hospitals campuses, providing a full range of clinical services, including specialist services such as nutrition support for both intensive care and chronic care patients. The department has innovative nutrition education and quality assurance programs. This position is based at the Alfred Hospital. The specific clinical workload assigned to this role is primarily trauma, stroke, ICU and other acute inpatient services on the weekend.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- At Least 3 years post-graduate experience in a hospital setting, preferable with experience in ICU, stroke or trauma
- Experience in the assessment and nutritional management of patients encompassing the provision of enteral nutrition and parenteral nutrition
- Excellent communication skills, proficiency in nutrition education and basic computer skills.
- Experience in student supervision
- Understanding of continuous quality improvement and service development
- Eligibility for membership of DA and APD credentialed
- Salary Packaging
- Discounted Health Insurance
- Car Parking (subject to availability)
- Onsite Gym (Alfred Hospital)
- Child care services(Alfred Hospital)
All enquiries to Louise Becroft, Clinical Operations Lead Nutrition, Alfred Hospital, Phone 0419 770 055
Applications close at 11pm, 8th July 2022
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and Influenza with a TGA approved vaccine and must provide evidence of their vaccination status. This is in accordance with the Victorian Minister of Health’s Mandatory Vaccination Orders for COVID-19 and legislated requirement for influenza vaccination.