Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Full-time: 76 hours a fortnight
- Permanent full time position
- Located: The Alfred Hospital
- Great staff benefits including salary packaging
The PSC sits within the Surgical Services Program of Alfred Health, This program delivers the majority of surgical services across Alfred Health sites. Surgical Services consists of seventeen surgical units, anaesthesia and peri-operative medicine, operating suite, one elective surgical inpatient ward, a medical day unit, day of surgery admissions unit, day surgery and endoscopy service.
The PSC oversees the elective surgery waiting list, medical elective waiting list and preadmission clinic. This is across both The Alfred and Sandringham Hospital.
The Patient Service Centre is looking for an enthusiastic Peri-operative Coordinator. You will provide vital support to the medical and surgical units here at The Alfred. The coordinator is guided by protocols developed and authorized by the treating medical/surgical and radiology units to ensure patients arrive on the day of treatment with all relevant documentation and an appropriate plan of care in place.
We are looking for an energetic organised Registered Nurse to work closely with the medical teams to coordinate full utilization of current resources and ensure the timely, safe delivery of patient care.
You will have:
- Significant experience in acute medical/surgical nursing
- Critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated understanding and experience with the multidisciplinary management of the surgical patients, including a demonstrated understanding of pre-admission, admission and discharge principles
- Current registration with the appropriate professional body (AHPRA)
- Possess or working towards Post graduate qualification (desirable)
- Previous expereince in cardiology (desirable)
- Salary packaging
- Novated leasing
- Discounted car parking
For more detail on the role please download the attached Position Description
For any further enquiries please contact: Amanda Burvill on 0451 148 718
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and Influenza with a TGA approved vaccine and must provide evidence of their vaccination status. This is in accordance with the Victorian Minister of Health’s Mandatory Vaccination Orders for COVID-19 and legislated requirement for influenza vaccination.