Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Endorsed Nurse Practitioner or Nurse Practitioner Candidate
- Fixed Term and Permanent Positions available
- Full-time or Part-time considered
- The Alfred Hospital
- Refurbished state-of-the-art Emergency and Trauma Centre
An amazing opportunity exists for a suitably qualified and experienced Nurse Practitioner to provide timely quality care at the Alfred Emergency and Trauma Centre in Melbourne.
Our Nurse Practitioners are responsible for providing clinical leadership, expertise, collaboration and liaison within a multidisciplinary team and advanced health assessments of emergency department patients. Nurse Practitioners provide comprehensive clinical nursing leadership, ensuring patient-centred management planning and investigation including physical assessments, diagnostic reasoning and referrals, together with therapeutic interventions for people experiencing complex health difficulties in our emergency department. Our renowned Emergency & Trauma Centre is a purpose-built modern facility and has been designed to manage close to 75,000 patients per annum. The department consists of five main clinical areas totalling 82 treatment bays. The new Fast Track treatment area is flooded with natural light and serviced by 12 treatment bays and its own waiting area.
The Alfred Emergency and Trauma Centre Nurse Practitioner team has been well established in the department since 2004, and manages over 30% of Fast Track presentations. Our Nurse Practitioners are leaders in timely quality care, and lead and collaborate in research and ongoing professional development. Within this professional development, the Nurse Practitioner team are exploring the expansion of their scope of practice to include the management of complex presentations and chronic illness. Currently developed curriculum to support the expanding scope of Nurse Practitioners includes fractured neck of femur and ophthalmology.
An Endorsed Nurse Practitioner is a Registered Nurse who has acquired the expert knowledge base, complex decision-making skills and clinical competencies to prepare for expanded practice. The Nurse Practitioner is an integral member of the health care team who practises autonomously but in collaboration with other health professionals to assess and manage patients within their clinical context using nursing knowledge and skills.
The Nurse Practitioner engages in a diverse community to promote mental and physical well-being for health promotion. The Nurse Practitioner is also passionate about providing excellent care, improving the patient journey through time to analgesia/imaging/procedure and improving the patient experience and outcomes.
- Current endorsement by the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency as a Nurse Practitioner
- Completed or working towards a Masters of Nurse Practitioner (or a Masters granted equivalence of qualification by the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency plus an approved Therapeutic Medication Management module)
- Exceptional communication skills
- Significant years of experience post specialist qualification, and evidence of working at a level of advanced practice in the clinical area
- Emergency Department experience is preferable
- Access to Salary Packaging and Novated Leasing
- Discount Health Insurance
- Child Care
- Onsite Gym
- On-site Car Parking
For more detail on the role, please download the relevant position description. For further queries please contact Carmel Lackey on 9076 2095
Applications close 29 June 2022
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.