Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- 0.8-1.0 FTE
- 12 months Fixed Term
- Classification Code: Grade 3 (classification will be determined by the professional background of the successful applicant)
- Location: The Alfred Hospital
Alfred Health Allied Health Education is governed by the Allied Health Directorate, part of Nursing Services. The Allied Health Directorate comprises predominantly Allied Health Therapy professions. Nursing Services is comprised of Nursing Support Services, Allied Health Services, Carer Services, Community Participation and Population Health.
The position is responsible for contributing to the leadership, operational planning and delivery of the Allied Health education strategy in conjunction with key partners and stakeholders. The primary role of the position is to engage Allied Health staff and students in clinical education activities, specifically undergraduate students, graduates, new staff and Allied Health Assistants. The Allied Health Clinical Educator will work with the Allied Health Clinical Education Lead to create opportunities for interprofessional learning and collaborate extensively, explore innovative educational practices, and identify opportunities for quality improvement activities to ensure clinical practice is enhanced for optimal patient care.
Qualifications and Experience
- Registration under the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law (Victoria) Act 2009 (where appropriate) or accreditation with relevant self-regulating professional body
- Allied Health qualification (at least 5 years’ experience), with eligibility for membership of relevant Allied Health professional body
- Applied knowledge of multi-modal design, implementation and evaluation of single discipline or interprofessional education models
- Applied knowledge of programme development supporting the competence, capability and capacity of Allied Health clinicians
- Completed or enrolled in a post graduate qualification at Master’s level
- Completion of a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Completion of a Graduate Certificate in Education or Health Professional Education
*please see attached position description for full list of Qualifications and Experience
- Salary packaging
- Novated leasing
- Onsite gym
- Easy public transport access
If you are interested in this position or would like any further details, please contact Rodney Sturt, Allied Health Clinical Education Lead on 03 9076 2406, firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at 11pm, Tuesday 5th July 2022
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and Influenza with a TGA approved vaccine and must provide evidence of their vaccination status. This is in accordance with the Victorian Minister of Health’s Mandatory Vaccination Orders for COVID-19 and legislated requirement for influenza vaccination.