- Job no: 55083
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Other Allied Health / Medical Science
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Permanent, Full time with flexible ADO
- Based in Elsternwick – some travel required to Bentleigh
- Registered Psychiatric Nurse Grade 4, Social Worker / Occupational Therapist / Psychologist Grade 3
- Be involved in changing perceptions and reducing stigma surrounding mental health issues
What's in it for you
- Frequent professional development opportunities
- Regular professional supervision
- Supportive multi-disciplinary team environment
headspace offers a ‘one stop shop’ for young people aged 12 -25 and their families who may be experiencing mental health challenges. Providing an opportunity for young people to receive help early and promote a 'no wrong door' approach to supporting young people and their families through the provision of GPs, counsellors, Alcohol & other Drug workers and Vocational and Educational support.
Alfred Health is the lead agency for this program and offers the opportunity to work in a growing dynamic healthcare environment.
What you’ll be doing
The Access team is the first point of contact providing access to the many services offered by headspace, including counselling services, single session family consultations, art therapy and headspace Early Psychosis.
As a Senior Clinician, you will provide initial assessment, triage and follow through on referrals, actively assist young people and their families to access a range of headspace services and support the young person / family to engage with other more suitable programs if headspace is not the right fit.
You will be a key team member providing clinical support across the access team clinicians; private psychologists, social workers, occupational therapists, general practitioners and psychiatrists working under Medicare; a psychiatric registrar in the Alfred Health registrar training program; an arts therapist; single session family therapists and co-located services based in each centre.
- Approved tertiary qualifications in relevant discipline and eligibility for membership of AHPRA or the appropriate professional body
- Ability to provide senior clinical leadership and to contribute to development of efficient and effective systems for access and entry to the service as well as other clinical processes
- Extensive clinical experience in working collaboratively with young people and their families in mental health settings
- Extensive family work experience and knowledge of single session principles
- Appropriate work visa / Current Victorian Driver's License / Current Working with Children Check or willing to obtain one/Willing to undergo a background check
What's in it for you?
- A supportive and fun team working environment
- Great employment benefits as part of Alfred Health - well-being incentives, access to salary packaging, novated leasing and discounted health insurance and banking
- Great work life balance & located close to public transport, shops and restaurants
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, including your resume and cover letter.
For more information regarding the position, please contact Jane Laidlaw, Glenda Pedwell or Steph Zotti on ph: 9076 7500
Applications close Sunday 21 August 2022 at 11pm AEST
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In compliance with the Victorian Chief Health Officer's Mandatory Vaccination Directions, all Alfred health employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 with TGA approved vaccine and must have evidence of their vaccination status.
- Closes in 3 days - 21 Aug 2022
- Published on 05 Aug 2022, 2:31 AM