Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Permanent Position
- Part Time - 32 Hours P/F
- Grade 4B Registered Nurse Teacher
- Located at Alfred Health
- Great Staff Benefits
The Nursing Education Department is committed to providing excellence in education for all nurses. Our overall goal is to act as a support and resource to Nursing Services through the provision of educational activities that support enrolled, undergraduate, registered and post graduate nurses to provide outstanding nursing care and service. In this dynamic environment, we are constantly exploring new approaches to education and relationships that will enhance Nursing Services continuous service improvement and development and to meet organisational priorities.
Every Alfred Health nurse must practice in accordance with the Alfred Health Nursing Professional Practice Framework.
The Professional Practice Framework defines the elements of nursing practice that improve the care and experience of our patients and aligns with the Patient’s Come First Strategy. It is comprised of five domains that are crucial to maintain standards, lead change and add value to healthcare. These domains are Care, Leadership, Professional Development, Workforce, Research and Informatics.
Nurse Educators (NE) are leaders within nursing and education and role model professional nursing practice. As members of the Nursing Education team, they model the values of Nursing Services by exemplifying and promoting excellence in practice and fostering an environment of inquiry and continuous learning. As a recognised resource for staff, the NE assists clinical nurses to achieve optimal outcomes in patient care delivery.
Nurse Educators are responsible for identifying, anticipating and responding to the developmental needs of the nurse and the clinical environment, achieving this through collaborating with local area and organisational stakeholders to establish, implement and evaluate plans that further equip the nurse to respond to the increasingly complex needs of patients.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Currently registered as a Registered Nurse with Nursing & Midwifery Board of Australia via AHPRA
- Holding or working towards Masters of Nursing or Education
- Previous experience in an education or education support role
- Demonstrated extensive relevant clinical knowledge / experience in acute/sub-acute carenursing (relevant to the program) and in a clinical leadership role
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of nursing scope of practice and supervision/delegation
- Demonstrated high level reflective and critical analysis skills
- Open, flexible and innovative
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in working in an interprofessional capacity related to education
- Demonstrated commitment to research process, quality and safety and application to practice
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting an environment of continuous learning and continuous quality improvement
- Experience in developing and implementing education programs at a tertiary level
- Experience in working with an electronic medical record
- Project management experience
- Experience in specialty area if required to support a post graduate university course
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- Staff Parking (Subject to Availability)
- Child Care Services (@ The Alfred)
- On Site Gym (@ The Alfred)
All enquires to Sue Brack on 9076 3860
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In compliance with the Victorian Chief Health Officer's Mandatory Vaccination Directions, all Alfred health employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 with TGA approved vaccine and must have evidence of their vaccination status.