Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Fixed Term Position (for 5 months, until 16th October 2022)
- Full Time (1 EFT) (80 hours per fortnight)
- Grade 3 Cystic Fibrosis and Respiratory Medicine Dietitian
- Alfred Hospital Location
- Great Staff Benefits
Alfred Health’s Nutrition Department is seeking an outstanding senior clinical dietitian to work in our Cystic Fibrosis and Respiratory Services team.
Alfred Nutrition provides an integrated nutrition and dietetic service at The Alfred, Sandringham and Caulfield Hospitals. The Department has had a long and valued relationship within the Alfred, with the first-ever dietitian in Australia being appointed at The Alfred in 1930. Alfred Nutrition provides nutritional care to Alfred Health’s patients during their healthcare journey including prevention of malnutrition, optimising nutritional wellbeing and recovery. The Nutrition Department comprises of 40EFT and 50 staff, being organised into seven clinical clusters. The Alfred is also a major centre for a range of specialist medical programmes.
We are seeking an outstanding senior clinical dietitian to work in Respiratory Medicine with a focus on Cystic Fibrosis. Alfred Health's Cystic Fibrosis service is one of the world’s biggest adult services with the highest mean age of any Australian centre. The Alfred Cystic Fibrosis service is now one of the largest services using modulator therapies and therefore provides a large and busy outpatient service alongside a smaller inpatient service to this population.
The position works with a team of dietitians supporting respiratory services including general respiratory, lung transplant and cystic fibrosis. The successful candidate will be well supported. The Nutrition department has a proud history of research and there is opportunity to participate and/or undertake research projects.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Strong clinical skills in nutrition support and experience working across inpatient and outpatient services
- Experience working in respiratory medicine, preferred cystic fibrosis, and/or other chronic disease clinical services is desirable but not essential
- Excellent communication skills, ability to lead a team, and proficiency in nutrition education
- Experience in continuous quality improvement and service development
- 7 years post-graduate experience
- Eligibility for membership of DA and APD is essential
- Post graduate qualification or be progressing toward one preferred, but not essential for fixed term
- Salary Packaging
- Discounted Health Insurance
- Staff Car Parking (subject to availability)
- On-site gym (Alfred Hospital)
- Child care services (Alfred Hospital)
Please send all enquiries to Louise Becroft, Nutrition Clinical Operations Leader Acute Services
Phone: 0419 770 055
Applications close 23rd May 2022
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In compliance with the Victorian Chief Health Officer's Mandatory Vaccination Directions, all Alfred health employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 with TGA approved vaccine and must have evidence of their vaccination status.