Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community-based services.
Scientist – Cytology (Non-gynae)
- Fixed Term Positon Until Jan 2025
- Full Time (80 Hours Per Fortnight + ADO)
- Grade 1/2 Medical Scientist
- Located at The Alfred, Anatomical Pathology Unit
Alfred Pathology Service (APS) provides a comprehensive range of pathology testing, consultation services and collection services to clinicians and patients of Alfred Health. The Anatomical Pathology Unit is located at The Alfred campus and comprises Histopathology, Special Histopathology, Cytopathology, Neuromuscular pathology and Mortuary.
Alfred Anatomical Pathology requires an experienced, motivated Scientist to join our Cytology team. Previous experience in non-gynaecological specimen preparation and screening is essential. Workload is purely non-gynaecological. A willingness and ability to participate in both specimen preparation and screening rosters is essential.
The successful applicant will need to be organised, self-motivated, with an eye for detail and high standards for quality and accuracy. Previous experience with ROSE is highly desirable.
Currently APS has a collaborative agreement with Northern Health to provide Anatomical Pathology services to Northern Pathology Victoria (NPV). This appointment is associated with that collaboration and provides an exciting opportunity to be part of plans to establish an independent Cytology service and laboratory at NPV. Consequently, supervisory and quality management experience is highly desirable.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- A directed degree in Medical Laboratory Science or equivalent from a recognized University.
- Possession of CTASC and/or CTIAC
- Previous work history in a diagnostic cytopathology laboratory
- Previous experience in non-gynaecological cytology specimen preparation
- Previous experience with primary screening of non-gynaecological cytology, minimum 5 years
- Experience in ROSE at radiological guided FNA, EUS-FNA and EBUS-TBNA
- APS supports professional development and this position provides an opportunity to join a supportive team and work towards a leadership role.
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- Car Parking (subject to availability)
- Onsite Gym
- Child care services
All enquiries to Mark Donovan, Principal Scientist, Anatomical Pathology. ph 03 9076 2767
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In compliance with the Victorian Chief Health Officer's Mandatory Vaccination Directions, all Alfred health employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 with TGA approved vaccine and must have evidence of their vaccination status.