Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community-based services.
Looking for a change!
Want to be a part of the Alfred Mental and Addiction Health Team
- Permanent Position
- Full Time (80 Horus Per Fortnight + ADO)
- Grade 4 social worker/clinical educator
- Great Staff Benefits
- Located at Alfred Health
Alfred Health, Mental and Addiction Health is responsible for the operation of services, which focus on people with a severe mental illness residing in the Inner South Eastern area of Melbourne.
Services are provided by a number of teams located at the Alfred Hospital (Commercial Road, Prahran) and at St. Kilda Road Clinic, Alma Road Community Care Unit in St. Kilda and the Child & Youth Service located in Moorabbin as well as Headspace youth services based at Elsternwick, Bentleigh, Frankston, Dandenong and Narre Warren. Aged Psychiatry is located at Caulfield campus of Alfred Health. A range of support services are offered through the consultation and liaison services, South City Clinic and the State-wide Mental Health and Problem Gambling Service.
Mental and Addiction Health also works in partnership with relevant local non-government and social support agencies. 2 The single most important goal of Alfred Mental and Addiction Health is to create an environment that facilitates clinical recovery, supports individual recovery efforts and strives to minimise service system barriers to the recovery process
The Specialist Family Violence Advisor position will enable Mental Health Services across Victoria to enhance the capacity of the specialist program to identify and respond to family violence noting that mental health services are in a unique position to identify family violence and intervene early.
The position will be required to consider the specific needs across the age range including young people accessing the Child and Youth Mental Health Services and older people at risk of elder abuse
The Specialist Family Violence Advisor will work with key stakeholders, staff and consumers to deliver the following:
- Build family violence capability and capacity within the Mental and Addiction Health service through access to family violence expertise and advice in identifying, recognising and responding to family violence.
- Support collaboration and manage relationships with external partners and stakeholders to support the development and delivery of the pertaining mental health-specific services and stakeholders.
- Provide secondary consultation to AMAH staff as well as external agencies as appropriate and necessary.
- Support Family Violence Multi-Agency and Management (MARAM) alignment and embedding across AMAH and in collaboration with the wider Alfred Health team, including Family Violence and Child Information Sharing Schemes.
- Engage with state-wide Specialist Family Violence activity through Community of Practices and networking activities in the Bayside Peninsula catchment.
- Enhance referral pathways to provide a more coordinated and collaborative health and human service system response to family violence.
- Deliver and maintain a Family Violence Portfolio Group across AMAH.
- Contribute to the education and workforce development of clinical staff to ensure workforce capability.
- Facilitate earlier recognition of and response to family violence situations for patients/clients and their children and families of Mental and Addiction Health Services.
- Enhance Quality and consistency of the service response to victims, survivors and perpetrators of family violence.
- Management of the family violence clinician(s).
Qaulifications and Experiences Required
- Eligibility for membership of Australian Association of Social Workers. Bachelor of Social Work, or recognised equivalent. Personal: Ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team and with families, exhibiting initiative and facilitative qualities.
- Previous experience of working within a mental health and or general health setting.
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- Staff Car Parking (Subject to Availability)
All enquiries to Shelley Anderson on 9076 2871
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In compliance with the Victorian Chief Health Officer's Mandatory Vaccination Directions, all Alfred health employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 with TGA approved vaccine and must have evidence of their vaccination status.