Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Multiple positions available, ranging from permanent full-time to fixed-term part time
- ADO applies to full-time appointments
- Classification code – Pharmacy Technician Grade 1-3 (depending on experience and qualifications)
- Alfred location
- Staff benefits
An exciting position has arisen within the pharmacy technician team that supports the Alfred Pharmacy Services as one of Australia’s most progressive, dynamic and award winning departments. The Pharmacy services operate across all Alfred Health sites and are well recognised nationally and internationally for high quality, innovative, patient-focused services, education and training programmes as well as significant research output. Further information is available at www.alfredpharmacy.org.au
Pharmacy Technicians support the pharmacy service by completing technical tasks including those in specialised areas. These positions work across all Alfred Health sites and play a leading role in the operational requirements of the hospital, the preparation and supply of medications and assisting with training and supervision (at Grade 3 level).
Pharmacy Technicians are rostered on a rotational basis across Alfred Health in all operational areas; including dispensaries, outpatient services, aseptic and manufacturing services and procurement. Our pharmacy technicians work collaboratively with the pharmacy team, supporting the needs of patients and the hospital.
Support will be given for technicians wishing to develop their skills and progress between the technician grades.
As a Pharmacy Technician with Alfred Health you will:
- Work within a great team to support services across our inpatient, discharge, outpatient and aseptic manufacturing dispensaries.
- Assist in management of stock control
- Maintain competency by committing to education, training and personal development plans
- Effectively communicate to staff and patients
- Meet service demands as required
- Contribute to the ongoing development of our department and services.
- Have the opportunity to grow your skills and progress your career with support to complete Pharmacy Technician Training Certificates
If you have excellent organisation and communication skills, a high level of attention to detail and are willing to learn and develop your personal skills while also contributing to team and organisational goals we want to hear from you.
Previous hospital experience is highly desirable.
- Eligibility to enrol in a Certificate III in Health (Hospital Pharmacy Technician) awarded by a registered training organisation or equivalent qualification (as approved by the Pharmacy Board of Victoria or equivalent body).
- Certificate III in Health (Hospital Pharmacy Technician) awarded by a registered training organisation or equivalent qualification (as approved by the Pharmacy Board of Victoria or equivalent body).
- Certificate IV in Health (Hospital Pharmacy Technician) course or equivalent that has been awarded by a registered training organization or as approved by the Pharmacy Board of Victoria (e.g. Peter McCallum chemotherapy preparation course)
- Completion of a Pharmacy Board approved aseptic and cytotoxic manufacturing course is desirable.
- Experience in hospital pharmacy desirable.
- Experience in an aseptic and cytotoxic manufacturing suite desirable.
- Knowledge of PBS, S100, and Special Access schemes desirable.
- Salary packaging
- Novated leasing
- Onsite gym
- Easy public transport access and discounted staff car parking
If you are interested in this position or would like any further details, please contact Belinda Theobald on 9076 2061.
Applications must be submitted electronically via the Alfred Health website - applications forwarded to the contact email address will not be considered.
Applications close on Tuesday, 24th May 2022.
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In compliance with the Victorian Chief Health Officer's Mandatory Vaccination Directions, all Alfred health employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 with TGA approved vaccine and must have evidence of their vaccination status.