- Job no: 53321
- Category: Nurse, Registered Nurse
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Full-time and Part-time positions, including Mon-Fri roster with rotating shifts available
- Ongoing role
- Classification: RN Grade 2
- Alfred location
- Staff benefits
The department is located on 2F-Stroke and Neurology and 7W VEM- Epilepsy. The model of care across these units is based on a multidisciplinary approach that is designed to deliver best patient outcomes, greater patient satisfaction and ensure continuous improvement in quality of care. Over the coming months, these specialised departments will be structured in the following way:
- 16 bed ward with 4 Hyper-acute Stroke beds
- Provides care to patients presenting with acute stroke symptoms requiring thrombolysis and Endovascular Clot Retrieval; and patients with neurological disorders including complex migraines, myasthenia gravis, Multiple Sclerosis, Guillain-Barre Syndrome, to name a few.
- 6 bed ward with purpose built Video EEG Monitoring (VEM) facilities
- As the largest comprehensive epilepsy centre in the country, this department provides expert assessments and cutting-edge, world leading treatments to patients across Victoria and Australia
- Admits patients for a Monday-Friday admission for characterisation of their epileptic events or leading to a diagnosis of epilepsy. This may include the administrations of a radioactive tracer injection called Neurolite to accurately locate the area of the brain causing epileptic activity
As a clinical nurse your practice will lead to excellence in patient care. You understand the importance of establishing a relationship between the patient and yourself in order to achieve the best possible outcomes for your patients. You demonstrate the core nursing values of patient centred care, trust and respect in every interaction with patients, carers and colleagues.This complex and rewarding specialty environment provides nurses with a fantastic opportunity to broaden their nursing skills in Stroke, Neurology and Epilepsy nursing.
- Acute care nursing experience preferably Neuroscience nursing experience
- Proven capacity to provide care for patients with complex acute care needs
- Have excellent people management and communication skills to work effectively within the team
- Have the enthusiasm and motivation to develop and support others and to foster reflective practice
- Be able to problem solve and work flexibility to ensure patient care is provided at the optimal standard
- Generous salary packaging and novated leasing are available through Maxxia
- Onsite child care services
- Onsite staff gym, a payroll deductible expense
- Access to health and wellbeing incentives
- Discounted health insurance
If you have an interest in caring for complex patients in a dynamic setting and want to take your nursing to the next level, apply online TODAY!
All enquiries to Antoinette David (NUM) Contact number: 9076 7823
Applications close at 11 pm Sunday, 18th December 2022
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and Influenza with a TGA approved vaccine and must provide evidence of their vaccination status. This is in accordance with the Victorian Minister of Health’s Mandatory Vaccination Orders for COVID-19 and legislated requirement for influenza vaccination.
- Closes in 9 days - 18 Dec 2022
- Published on 06 Dec 2022, 1:22 AM