- Job no: 52901
- Category: Nurse, Psychiatry
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community-based services.
Mental Health Clinician - Emergency Psychiatry
- Permanent Appointment
- Hours Negotiable (0.8 - 1.0 EFT)
- Classification – RPN3/SW2/OT2
- Alfred location
- Staff benefits
Alfred Psychiatry is responsible for the operation of services which focus on people with a severe mental illness residing in the Inner South-eastern area of Melbourne. Services are provided by a number of teams located at the Alfred Hospital (Commercial Road, Prahran) and at St. Kilda Road Clinic, Alma Road CCU in St. Kilda and the Child & Adolescent Service located in Moorabbin, Headspace in Bentleigh and Moorabbin. Aged Psychiatry is located at Caulfield campus of Alfred Health. Alfred Psychiatry also works in partnership with relevant local non-government and social support agencies.
This position sits in the Emergency Psychiatry team which is one arm of the wider Consultation Liaison and Emergency Psychiatry program.
You will join a young, dynamic team that works across CATT, Triage and the EPS team in the Alfred Emergency Department in Inner city Melbourne.
- The Crisis Assessment and Treatment Services (CATT) works in the community incorporating early discharge management, assessment, and management of newly referred clients as well as after hour treatment and crisis support to clients of community mental health services inclusive of Adult, Aged and Child and Youth teams within Alfred Health.
- Triage - the Alfred Psychiatry 24-hour telephone triage referral, advice and support service
- Emergency Psychiatry Service (EPS) - the Consultation Liaison service to the E&TC providing Mental Health and/or AOD assessment and interventions.
- Approved Social Work degree or qualification acceptable for eligibility for membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers.
- Minimum of 3 years post graduate experience. Work within a community mental health service is highly desiarable.
- Registration with the Nurses’ Board Victoria through AHPRA.
- Tertiary qualifications in mental health nursing – post graduate diploma equivalent as a minimum.
- Minimum of 3 years post graduate experience. Previous work within a community mental health setting is highly regarded.
- Registration with the AHPRA with Tertiary qualifications in occupational therapy and post graduate certificate equivalent in mental health as a minimum.
- Minimum of 3 years post graduate experience. Work within a community mental health setting is highly desirable.
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- Car Parking (subject to availability)
- Onsite Gym
- Childcare services
For enquires please contact Lisa McKenzie o448 337 910 or Kathryn Henderson 0418 889 321
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In compliance with the Victorian Chief Health Officer's Mandatory Vaccination Directions, all Alfred health employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 with TGA approved vaccine and must have evidence of their vaccination status.
- Closes in 7 days - 05 Oct 2022
- Published on 21 Sep 2022, 4:51 AM