Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Permanent role
- Full time - 80 hours per fortnight with ADO
- Classification TC2 - Allied Health Assistant Grade 3
- Caulfield Hospital Location
- Staff Benefits
Alfred Health Community Rehabilitation Program provides home and centre based rehabilitation as well as the Falls Clinic services.
The service's focus is on the provision of goal-directed, community-based rehabilitation for clients following injury or hospitalisation. The Community Rehabilitation multidisciplinary team comprises physiotherapists, occupational therapists, speech pathologists, dietitians, a neuropsychologist, a clinical psychologist, allied health assistants, rehabilitation medicine doctors, community health nurse and social workers.
We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated Allied Health Assistant to join our growing Community Rehabilitation team. Based at Caulfield Hospital, the overall objective of the position is to provide therapy support services to individuals and groups as directed by the Allied Health Professionals. You will work closely with the interdisciplinary team to provide a flexible and responsive service that works to meet each client’s identified rehabilitation goals. You will also be responsible for administrative duties which assist with client management and will contribute to the smooth operation and ongoing development of the Community Rehabilitation Program.
The Grade 3 Allied Health Assistant will be responsible for co-ordinating all AHA duties which assist with client management and will contribute to the smooth operation and development of the Community Rehabilitation Program.
Qualifications and Experience
1. Completion of Certificate III Allied Health Assistance or higher from a registered training organisation, OR
2. Recognised equivalent qualification (as determined by the line manager):
- Higher qualification in a relevant health science discipline at Diploma or Associate Diploma level
- Certificate level qualification in a relevant health-related field
- Overseas-trained Allied Health practitioner with a qualification at Diploma level or higher
3. Current Victorian Driver’s License (unrestricted).
Key Selection Criteria
- Previous experience within a hospital or working with a multidisciplinary team.
- Previous employement in an AHA role (3-5 years clinical experience).
- Experience assisting Allied Health Professionals.
- Sound interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to work well within a team and relate to medical, nursing and Allied Health staff and patients.
- Sound knowledge base of medical terminology.
- High level of English literacy.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously (within scope of practice).
- Sound self-management skills appropriate to level of responsibility/experience (i.e. organisation, planning, time management and priority setting).
- Sound computer skills.
- Regular supervision.
- Opportunities for professional development.
- Salary packaging.
- Discount health insurance and staff carparking.
- Easy public transport access.
ENQUIRIES: Jennifer Ebdon (Team Leader) on 0410 346 509 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at 11 pm Friday, 20 May 2022.
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In compliance with the Victorian Chief Health Officer's Mandatory Vaccination Directions, all Alfred health employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 with TGA approved vaccine and must have evidence of their vaccination status.