Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Permanent, Full-time with flexible ADO
- Based in Moorabbin
- RPN Grade 4, SW/SP/OT/PSY Grade 3
- Frequent professional development opportunities
What's in it for you
- Regular professional supervision
- Supportive multi-disciplinary team environment
- An innovative future focused workplace with numerous opportunities
Alfred Child & Youth Mental Health Service (CYMHS) is one component of the Department of Mental & Addiction Health at Alfred Health. We are a community-based service providing comprehensive assessment, treatment and case management to infants, children, adolescents and young people up to the age of 25 years of age presenting with behavioural, emotional, psychiatric or developmental difficulties.
CYMHS provides clinical services in partnership with a wide range of service providers to achieve the best possible outcomes. Alfred CYMHS is committed to active participation by families and young people in evaluating and improving our services.
What you’ll be doing
In this position, you will sit within the 12-26 youth program, which provides clinical assessment and intervention, case-management and single session/brief therapy with children and young people experiencing emotional, behavioural and mental health difficulties and their families. Embedded into the role are responsibilities for the provision of discipline specific consultation and assessment to clients and clinical services internal and external to CYMHS.
As a senior clinician, you will also participate in leadership activities within the service as well as supervision of staff, and students.
What we need from you
- Approved tertiary qualifications and eligibility for membership of AHPRA or relevant professional registering body
- Demonstrated capability in the provision of a full range of mental health interventions at a senior level
- Knowledge of the principles and application of the Mental Health Act (1986)
- Appropriate work visa
- Current Victorian Driver's License
- Current Working with Children Check and be willing to undergo a Background Check
- Wellbeing initiatives
- Salary packaging, discounted health insurance and banking
- Portable long service leave from other public health services
- Located close to public transport, shops and restaurants
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, include your resume and cover letter.
For more information regarding the position please contact Rachel Marsden on ph: 8552 0555
Closing date: Sunday 29 May 2022 by 11pm AEST
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In compliance with the Victorian Chief Health Officer's Mandatory Vaccination Directions, all Alfred health employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 with TGA approved vaccine and must have evidence of their vaccination status.