Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Permanent, full-time with flexible ADO
- Senior position within dynamic outreach team
- Based in Moorabbin
- Registered Psychiatric Nurse Grade 4, Social Worker/Occupational Therapist/Speech Pathologist/Psychologist Grade 3
- Regular professional supervision and frequent professional development opportunities
What's in it for you
- Great team culture
- Supportive multi-disciplinary team environment
- Work-life balance
Alfred Child & Youth Mental Health Service (CYMHS) is one component of the Department of Mental & Addiction Health at Alfred Health. We are a community-based service providing comprehensive assessment, treatment and case management to infants, children, adolescents and young people up to the age of 25 years of age presenting with behavioural, emotional, psychiatric or developmental difficulties.
CYMHS provides clinical services in partnership with a wide range of service providers to achieve the best possible outcomes. Alfred CYMHS is committed to active participation by families and young people in evaluating and improving our services.
What you’ll be doing
The role requires provision of outreach to children, young people, their families and stakeholders in a variety of outreach settings.
You will provide clinical assessment, intervention, case-management, outreach and therapy to children, and young people who are experiencing a range of mental health difficulties within a culture that emphasises family involvement.
What we need from you
- Approved tertiary qualifications in relevant discipline and eligibility for membership of AHPRA or the appropriate professional body
- Completion of the Developmental Psychiatry Course (desirable)
- Extensive skills and experience in assessment of children and young people
- Australian working rights
- Current Victorian Driver's License
- Current Working with Children Check and be willing to undergo a Background Check
- Great employment benefits as part of Alfred Health - Wellbeing initiatives, access to salary packaging, novated leasing and discounted health insurance and banking
- Portable long service leave from other public health services
- Located close to public transport, shops and restaurants
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, include your resume and cover letter.
For more information regarding the position please contact Katie Long-Davidson on ph: 8552 0555
Closing date: Tuesday, 28th of June 2022 by 11pm AEST
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In compliance with the Victorian Chief Health Officer's Mandatory Vaccination Directions, all Alfred health employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 with TGA approved vaccine and must have evidence of their vaccination status.