Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- 12 month fixed term position
- Part time, 60.8 hours per fortnight
- Classification: Grade 6 Allied Health Professional
Alfred Health Allied Health Services comprises a number of allied health disciplines who provide patient centred care across all clinical programs that operate at Alfred Health. Allied health disciplines provide patient centred care that will aim to optimise physical, psychosocial, communication and cognitive functioning. To ensure that the allied health workforce is fit for purpose, there is a robust governance structure that provides oversight of staff & student education, research, workforce innovation and quality & safety.
The Allied Health Professional Practice Framework underpins the work of Allied Health at Alfred Health in contributing to Alfred Health’s purpose.
This is an exciting opportunity for a suitably qualified and experienced allied health professional to provide operational leadership for the acute allied health team. This is a part-time role and would report to the Director of Allied Health.
In this role you will work collaboratively with the Director of Allied Health and one other Deputy Director of Allied Health to provide professional governance and operational leadership for allied health teams across Alfred Health. Specifically, you will provide professional leadership across informatics and innovation allied health professional practice pillars and operational support to Alfred Brain, Cancer Services, Heart and Lung and Specialty Medicine acute programs.
This role will attract senior allied health staff interested in a career pathway in leadership and management.
- Post Graduate Qualifications – minimum Masters level in relevant field is essential.
- Demonstrated experience of management and leadership across multiple Allied Health disciplines
- Demonstrated experience in resource management and financial budgeting
- Experience in quality activities
- Significant experience in an inter-disciplinary model of allied health in a hospital or health service delivery capacity
- Experience in innovation, service development and implementation
- Experience with leading staff and student education strategies
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- Car Parking (subject to availability)
- Onsite Gym
- Child care services
For more information refer to the Position Description.
If you have any questions about the role please contact Doug McCaskie on 0427 989 580 or D.McCaskie@alfred.org.au.
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In compliance with the Victorian Chief Health Officer's Mandatory Vaccination Directions, all Alfred health employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 with TGA approved vaccine and must have evidence of their vaccination status.