- Job no: 48391
- Category: Nurse, Registered Nurse
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community-based services.
TRANSITION CARE PROGRAM - CASE MANAGER
• Part-time role - 64 hours per fortnight
• Fixed-term position – Until end of May 2022
• Classification - Allied Health Grade 2 or Nursing Equivalent
• Residential Care site based (Central Park - Windsor or Hammond Care - Caulfield)
• Minimum of 5 years experience in your professional field
• Must have received the double COVID-19 vaccination plus the booster shot
• Staff benefits
The Alfred Health TCP consists of 88 Commonwealth and State jointly funded places which are divided between residential and community-based programs. Under the National TCP Guidelines 2019, TCP is a goal-orientated and time-limited program and is governed on the principles from the Aged Care Act 1997. The unit reports to the Health of Older People stream.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced nurse or allied health clinician to join the Alfred Health Transition Care Program (TCP) team as a Case Manager. In conjunction with interdisciplinary teams, our aim is to improve the lives and outcomes for older Victorians. You will be responsible to ensure the client is your main focus with attributes such as respect, support and compassion is as important as knowledge, skills and wisdom. You will have demonstrated leadership and problem-solving skills which are vital for the service coordination of your clients with diverse needs.
Your Responsibilities and Skills Required
Your key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Review and monitor care progression.
• Complete a comprehensive individual assessment on admission and establish goals with eligible care recipients.
• Adopt processes and plan service provision that focuses on the client's abilities, lifestyle and interests.
• Coordinate a period of intense service provision and / or therapy within the client's own home, for community based TCP clients, with a reduction in the level of input during the period of up to 12 weeks, whilst arranging suitable supports post the TCP period, in accordance with the Client's goals. Alternatively, within a resdiential care setting, you will coordinate with the interdisciplinary team, a service provision in accordance with the client's goals to optimise their level of functioning and assist with long term planning for care or service arrangements.
• Provide practical and emotional support to the client and / or family to enable them to make informed decisions regarding the client's future care needs based on feedback from the interdisciplinary team.
• Novated leasing
• Salary packaging
• On-site carparking and access to public transport
• Health and wellbeing initiatives
• Discounted health insurance
For further enquiries please contact Janelle Russell on 9076 6301 or via email J.Russell@alfred.org.au
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In compliance with the Victorian Chief Health Officer's Mandatory Vaccination Directions, all Alfred health employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 with TGA approved vaccine and must have evidence of their vaccination status.
- Closed 6 months ago - 04 Feb 2022