Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Permanent, Full-time with flexible ADO
- Based in Moorabbin
- Registered Psychiatric Nurse Grade 4, Social Worker/Occupational Therapist/Clinical Psychologist/Speech Pahtologist Grade 3
- Regular professional supervision and frequent professional development opportunities
What's in it for you
- Great team culture
- Supportive multi-disciplinary team environment
- Work-life balance
Alfred Child & Youth Mental Health Service (CYMHS) is one component of the Department of Mental & Addiction Health at Alfred Health. We are a community-based service providing comprehensive assessment, treatment and case management to infants, children, adolescents and young people up to the age of 25 years of age presenting with behavioural, emotional, psychiatric or developmental difficulties.
CYMHS provides clinical services in partnership with a wide range of service providers to achieve the best possible outcomes. Alfred CYMHS is committed to active participation by families and young people in evaluating and improving our services.
The Mental Health & Intellectual Disability Initiative for Youth (MHIDI-Y) Team, sits on the Neurodevelopmental Stream. The MHIDI-Y service is funded to address a critical service gap by providing a specialist, community-based mental health service for children and young people aged 12 – 25 years with an intellectual disability.
What you’ll be doing
In this role, you will provide direct case management, discipline specific assessment, supervision, mentoring and role modelling of professional and clinical practice to the neurodevelopmental clinicians and discipline team.
You will also provide specialist consultation in the form of primary, secondary and tertiary consultation to support young people with a dual disability and their families entering the service and through consultation with relevant internal and external agencies.
What we need from you
- Approved tertiary qualifications and eligibility for membership of AHPRA or relevant professional registering body
- Completion of the Developmental Psychiatry Course (desirable)
- Experience in working with children, young people and families with dual disability and relevant stakeholders to support successful transitions through early life stages (desirable)
- Appropriate work visa
- Current Victorian Driver's License
- Current Working with Children Check and be willing to undergo a Background Check
- Wellbeing initiatives
- Salary packaging, discounted health insurance and banking
- Portable long service leave from other public health services
- Located close to public transport, shops and restaurants
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, include your resume and cover letter.
For more information regarding the position please contact Eloise Hughes on ph: 8552 0555
Closing date: Sunday, 30 January 2022 by 11pm AEST
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In compliance with the Victorian Chief Health Officer's Mandatory Vaccination Directions, all Alfred health employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 with TGA approved vaccine and must have evidence of their vaccination status.