Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community-based services.
• Full-Time –80 hours per fortnight, with ADO
• Classification code – Physiotherapist Grade 2 Year 1-4
• Alfred location
• Staff benefits
Hospital Admissions Risk Program Complex Care (HARP CC) is a HIP program and in Alfred Health sits within Alfred Home - Acute and Community (HAC). The role of HARP as described by the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is to “provide hospital substitution and diversion by supporting people in the community, in ambulatory settings, and in people’s homes.” Alfred Health’s HARP Complex Care Service is comprised of a multidisciplinary workforce working in an interdisciplinary model of care.
This role is open to an experienced Physiotherapist that has a strong interest in chronic and complex holistic healthcare. This role works within the Centralised HARP team.
The HARP PT role works as part of the HARP interdisciplinary teams to provide comprehensive assessment, short-term intervention, and involvement in maintenance and optimisation of functionality and well-being of clients in the community setting. The role promotes the health and independence of clients, and facilitates their ability to continue living safely within the community. Key features of the HARP PT role include assessment of client needs, health knowledge and functionality, care planning (in collaboration with the broader care team), PT interventions including education and short term therapy, and onwards referral to community based services.
Qualifications and Experience
• Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Authority (AHPRA)
• Enrolment in, or completion of, postgraduate qualifications in relevant field, is desirable
• Bachelor of Physiotherapy, or Equivalent
• Proven clinical experience, including experience in an acute hospital setting and/or community setting and/or aged care
• Knowledge of respiratory conditions and management desirable
• A demonstrated interest in continued learning opportunities is also desirable
• Current Victorian Drivers Licence
• Onsite Gym
• Child Care
• Discounted health insurance
• Salary packaging.
All queries to Hannah Byrne HARP Operations Lead on 0428 645 237
Applications close at 11 pm Friday, 20 May 2022.
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In compliance with the Victorian Chief Health Officer's Mandatory Vaccination Directions, all Alfred health employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 with TGA approved vaccine and must have evidence of their vaccination status.