Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community-based services.
Mental Health Clinician for headspace centre - Syndal (Monash Area)
- Exciting opportunity to be part of a youth mental health service
- Full-time or part-time considered - based in Syndal
- Consideration to Registered Psychiatric Nurse Grades 3 or 4, Social Worker/Occupational Therapist/Psychologist Grades 2 or 3
- Training, experience and / or expertise in family & individual single session work will be highly regarded
headspace offers a ‘one stop shop’ for young people aged 12 -25 and their families who may be experiencing mental health challenges. Providing an opportunity for young people to receive help early and promote a 'no wrong door' approach to supporting young people and their families through the provision of GPs, counsellors, Alcohol & other Drug workers and Vocational and Educational support.
Alfred Health is the lead agency for this program and offers the opportunity to work in a growing dynamic healthcare environment.
What you’ll be doing
You will be responsible for delivering therapeutic interventions to young people and their families. This may include brief intervention or single session interventions or medium to long-term therapeutic engagement. This role will also include assessment and clinical formulation and liaison with significant others in the young person’s life, which may include family, friends and other service providers.
- Approved tertiary qualifications in relevant discipline and eligibility for membership of AHPRA or the appropriate professional body
- Post graduate qualifications (desired)
- Demonstrated experience and advanced level clinical skills in a range of mental health service settings
- Experience in complex clinical triage, assessment and referral
- Appropriate work visa / Current Victorian Driver's License / Current Working with Children Check & Background check, or willing to obtain one
What's in it for you?
- Be involved in a new headspace centre in Syndal (Monash area), an innovative youth mental health program that is making a real difference in the community
- A supportive and fun team working environment with Administration staff & Clinicians to support you on site
- Great employment benefits as part of Alfred Health - Access to salary packaging, novated leasing, and discounted health insurance and banking
- Great work life balance & Located close to public transport, shops and restaurants
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, including your resume and cover letter.
For more information regarding the position, please contact Jane Laidlaw on ph: 9076 7500
Applications close Sunday 23 January 2022 at 11pm AEST
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In compliance with the Victorian Chief Health Officer's Mandatory Vaccination Directions, all Alfred health employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 with TGA approved vaccine and must have evidence of their vaccination status.