Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- 6 month contract, with potential for extension
- Full-time role
- The Alfred Hospital location
- Hybrid working model
- Staff benefits
Alfred Health’s Public Affairs and Communications Department is responsible for the organisation’s strategic reputational management ensuring that its brand position and stakeholder relationships contribute to achieving the organisation’s long term goals.
The group is responsible for corporate communications, external affairs, media relations, community engagement, internal engagement as well as digital communications.
As a Communications Advisor, you will provide communications support across the health service. Currently, the role is strongly focussed on Alfred Health’s COVID-19 response and related operational initiatives, you will need a can-do attitude and the ability to multitask in a dynamic environment.
Working directly with the Senior Internal and Communication Adviser, you will also engage with the Operations Team, providing communications support for operational initiatives and strategic programs.
- Coordinate specific communications packages of work/projects across various areas of Alfred Health Operations, including community and hotel services programs
- Develop effective content for a wide range of communications channels (including newsletter, social posts, ) for internal and external audiences
- Develop local communication and plans to support operational initiatives
- Play an active role in developing internal communication platforms, including our SharePoint, Yammer and MS Teams.
- Run online and face-to-face events to engage our staff and community.
A supportive working environment, with no two days the same.
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- Car Parking (subject to availability)
- Onsite Gym
- Child care services
Applications close 11:59pm Sunday 16 January
All enquiries to Stephanie Farmelo, Senior Internal and Communication Adviser, 0432 985 538.
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In compliance with the Victorian Chief Health Officer's Mandatory Vaccination Directions, all Alfred health employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 with TGA approved vaccine and must have evidence of their vaccination status.