Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Permanent, Part-time
- Based in Moorabbin
- Registered Psychiatric Nurse Grade 4, Social Worker/Occupational Therapist/Speech Pathologist/Psychologist Grade 3
- Regular professional supervision and frequent professional development opportunities
What's in it for you
- Great team culture
- Supportive multi-disciplinary team environment
- Work-life balance
Alfred Child & Youth Mental Health Service (CYMHS) is one component of the Department of Mental & Addiction Health at Alfred Health. We are a community-based service providing comprehensive assessment, treatment and case management to infants, children, adolescents and young people up to the age of 25 years of age presenting with behavioural, emotional, psychiatric or developmental difficulties.
CYMHS provides clinical services in partnership with a wide range of service providers to achieve the best possible outcomes. Alfred CYMHS is committed to active participation by families and young people in evaluating and improving our services.
The neurodevelopmental stream is a 0-25 year service incorporating neuropsychiatry, the Developmental Assessment Program and MHIDI-youth. This stream specialises in the overlap between psychiatry, neurology, medicine and disability.
What you’ll be doing
You will provide senior clinical leadership to the Developmental Assessment Program, through case management, consultation, and discipline specific role.
You will predominately work with younger children and families and the multi-disciplinary team to contribute to the assessment, formulation and management when a diagnosis of Autism spectrum disorder is in question.
What we need from you
- Approved tertiary qualifications and eligibility for membership of AHPRA or relevant professional registering body
- Completion of the Developmental Psychiatry Course
- Experience in working with children, young people and families and relevant stakeholders to support successful transitions through early life stages
- Appropriate work visa
- Current Victorian Driver's License
- Current Working with Children Check and be willing to undergo a Background Check
- Wellbeing initiatives
- Salary packaging, discounted health insurance and banking
- Portable long service leave from other public health services
- Located close to public transport, shops and restaurants
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, include your resume and cover letter.
For more information regarding the position please contact Denise Fry or Eloise Hughes on ph: 8552 0555
Closing date: Sunday, 30 January 2022 by 11pm AEST
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In compliance with the Victorian Chief Health Officer's Mandatory Vaccination Directions, all Alfred health employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 with TGA approved vaccine and must have evidence of their vaccination status.