Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Associate Nurse Manager (ANM) positions available
- Permanent, part-time - 64 hours per fortnight
- Based at The Alfred, Ward 5 West
- Join Alfred Health's high performing Trauma and Orthopaedic Ward
- Staff benefits
Ward 5 West is Alfred Health's Trauma and Orthopaedic ward, receiving road, domestic and workplace trauma patients at The Alfred. Our patients are received from the Emergency & Trauma Centre, Intensive Care Unit and Operating Theatres along with a small portion of elective Orthopaedic admissions. The teams focus is on delivering patient-centred care to our group of complex patients within a supportive environment to promote accountable and safe care. We work together as an interdisciplinary team to deliver excellence in patient experience and surgical care at The Alfred.
The Associate Nurse Manager is a member of the nursing leadership team on the ward who assist the Nurse Manager to operationalise the core values of the organisation and plays a pivotal role in meeting broader organisational imperatives.
This role supports excellence in clinical practice and promotes the development of nurses, ensuring the philosophy of nursing and standards of practice are consistently reflected in professional practice and patient care.
Together with the Nurse Manager, the Associate Nurse Manager is responsible for managing clinical risk and implementing systems and processes to improve patient outcomes. The Associate Nurse Manager facilitates timely patient access and flow across the continuum of care.
For further information on the key duties and responsibilities of the ANM role, please see the attached Position Description.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
To be successful in this role you will need to meet the following:
- Registered as a Registered Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia via AHPRA
- Relevant post-graduate diploma or working towards same
- Recent acute clinical nursing background in a relevant health service
- Current and satisfactory Police Check
- Current and satisfactory Working With Children Check
Desirable skills and experience:
- Previous experience in a leadership role
- Access to Salary Packaging and Novated Leasing
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives
- On-site child care centre
- On-site gymnasium
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you complete your application now (include your resume and cover letter).
For further information or a confidential discussion, please contact Anita Streat on 9076 2900
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.