Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Permanent - ongoing
- Full-Time –80 hours per fortnight, with ADO
- Classification code – Occupational Therapist Grade 2 Year 1-4
- Alfred location
- Staff benefits
Hospital Admissions Risk Program Complex Care (HARP CC) is a HIP program and in Alfred Health sits within Alfred Home - Acute and Community (HAC). The role of HARP as described by the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is to “provide hospital substitution and diversion by supporting people in the community, in ambulatory settings, and in people’s homes.” Alfred Health’s HARP Complex Care Service is comprised of a multidisciplinary workforce working in an interdisciplinary model of care.
This role is open to an experienced Occupational Theerapist that has a strong interest in chronic and complex holistic healthcare. This role works within the Centralised HARP team.
The HARP OT role works as part of the HARP interdisciplinary teams to provide comprehensive assessment, rehabilitation, maintenance and optimisation of functionality for clients in the community setting. The role promotes the health and independence of clients, and facilitates their ability to continue living safely within the community. Key features of the HARP OT role include assessment of client needs and current function, care planning (in collaboration with the broader care team), interventions including education, energy conservation, and short-term therapy, sourcing of equipment as appropriate to the client’s needs (and within finite resources), and onwards referral to community based services.
Qualifications and Experience
- Registered Occupational Therapist with AHPRA
- Minimum three years’ relevant clinical experience including experience in an acute hospital setting and community/aged care setting, and working with clients whose care needs are complex
- Good understanding of both the acute and community healthcare sectors
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A demonstrated interest in continued learning opportunities is also desirable
- Current Victorian driver’s licence
- Postgraduate qualification in community or aged care or other relevant qualification
- Onsite Gym
- Child Care
- Discounted health insurance
- Salary packaging.
All queries to Hannah Byrne HARP Operations Lead on 0428 645 237
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In compliance with the Victorian Chief Health Officer's Mandatory Vaccination Directions, all Alfred health employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 with TGA approved vaccine and must have evidence of their vaccination status.