Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Permanent Ongoing Role
- Full Time: 80 Hours per fortnight
- Classification: Grade 4 Clinical Trials Pharmacy Technician (TH14)
- Alfred Hospital location
- Staff Benefits
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Pharmacy technician to assist our Clinical Trials team in the provision of outstanding services.
- Grade 4 Clinical Trials Pharmacy Technician (TH14)
- Full-time Permanent Contract
The Pharmacy services operate across all Alfred Health sites and are well recognised nationally and internationally for high quality, innovative, patient-focused services, education and training programmes as well as significant research output.
Our Senior Pharmacy technicians are key members of our service as they are responsible for the coordination of safe, efficient supply and distribution of medication to patients and services across Alfred Health.
As a Grade 4 Clinical Trials Pharmacy Assistant you will:
- Lead a team to meet departmental goals and projects.
- Assist the Pharmacists in coordinate staffing resources to ensure smooth workflow across the provision of Clinical Trials.
- Manufacture and prepare investigational products for dispensing; including extemporaneous, aseptic and Genetically Modified Organism (GMO) products.
- You will be involved in training and orientation of staff members, Governance and compliance standards pertaining to your area.
- Monitor Key Performance Indicators.
- Identify service improvement and process redesign initiatives.
- Create and audit Standard Operating Procedures.
- Contribute to improving medication management on a larger scale through contributing to research projects and service & process improvement work as required
- Work collaboratively with the multidisciplinary teams and the operational services to achieve the best medication management outcomes for our patients.
As Alfred Health is an academic health centre, you may also assist in demonstrating our services and our facilities to local and international visitors as well as other pharmacy staff.
Qualifications and Expierence
To succeed in this role you must demonstrate:
- Certificate IV Hospital Services Pharmacy Technicians Course OR Equivalent recognised Pharmacy Technician qualification.
- Minimum 2 years hospital pharmacy experience.
- Excellent knowledge, judgment and reasoning.
- Experience leading a team.
- Proficient skills with Microsoft Office – particularly in Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent communication and time management skills with the ability to prioritise, plan and organise work and deliver to deadlines.
- Problem solving and risk assessment abilities and the ability to use initiative
- Ability to plan and implement project or improvement initiatives.
- Commitment to developing your knowledge through education and continued learning
Working at Alfred Health, benefits include:
- Salary packaging
- Discount health insurance
- Onsite gym
- Car parking
- Child Care
For a confidential discussion please contact Adam Cunningham, Lead Pharmacist - Clinical Truials on (03) 9076 2061 or email@example.com
Applications must be submitted electronically via the Alfred Health website - applications forwarded to the contact email address will not be considered.
Applications close on Sunday 23 January 2022
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In compliance with the Victorian Chief Health Officer's Mandatory Vaccination Directions, all Alfred health employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 with TGA approved vaccine and must have evidence of their vaccination status.