- Job no: 46601
- Category: Nurse, Registered Nurse
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community-based services.
Registered Nurse - Transition to Acute Practice
- Permanent or Fixed term
- Part-time positions available (Minimum 64 hours per fortnight)
- Registered Nurse Grade 2: Nurses of all levels and years of experience that want to transition into the acute setting are encouraged to apply (YP2-YP11)
- All Alfred Health locations (Alfred, Caulfield and Sandringham campuses)
- Start dates can be within two weeks notice
Are you a Registered Nurse looking for your next challenge? Are you flexible, enthusiastic and would like to transition into acute care? Come join the Alfred Health Transition to Acute Practice Program!
Nursing Workforce provides support across Alfred Health through Bank and Pool cover. Our team comprises people that are able to work across a variety of specialties and adapt to new ward environments every day. Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research, and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne and a major provider of specialist state-wide services to the people of Victoria.
In joining the Transition to Acute Practice you will be placed in one clinical area and given extra supernumerary time to aid your transition to the acute setting. Successful candidates will be placed in one of our specialty areas. These include oncology, trauma, infectious diseases, respiratory, renal, neurology, emergency, cardiology, cardiothoracic, neurosurgery, and burns. We are looking for staff who may have limited acute care experience and are seeking to get into the acute sector in a supportive environment. You will then transition into Nurse Pool and experience working across Alfred Health with the support of the Bank and Pool team and ward educators. Candidates must be available to work on a rotating roster (morning, afternoon & night duty – Mon-Sun)
As a Nurse Pool team member, you will be provided with:
- Education and support
- Opportunity to consolidate skills
- Exposure to different specialties within a supportive framework
- Access to a Nurse Educator
- Possess a strong understanding and background of Patient-Centred care
- Have the ability to maintain a high level of communication with patients, staff and visitors
- Be a motivated individual who enjoys the challenge of working in a team environment
Alfred Health provides many benefits including
- Salary packaging
- Discounted private health insurance
- Onsite parking (subject to availability)
- Gym and library facilities
- Close to public transport and shops
If you are interested in the opportunity to join one of Australia's leading healthcare providers, then we want to hear from you!
For further information, please contact the Nurse Bank and Pool leadership team on 0438 901 548
Applications close Wednesday, 12th October 2022
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In compliance with the Victorian Chief Health Officer's Mandatory Vaccination Directions, all Alfred health employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 with TGA approved vaccine and must have evidence of their vaccination status.
- Closed a month ago - 04 Nov 2022