Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Permanent/ongoing position
- Part-time & Full-time positions available: 48 - 80 hours per fortnight
- Classification code – YP3 - YP11
- Salary: $59,086.23 - $93,553.20 per annum
- Alfred Hospital location
- Staff benefits
Ward 3 West is a 46 bed cardiac step down unit which forms part of the comprehensive cardiovascular service at The Alfred. Our unit specialises in the management of patients requiring Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Vascular Surgery and Heart Failure services. 3 West also provides cardiac monitoring services for medical and surgical speciality patients throughout the wider organisation. Our team works in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary approach to facilitate timely delivery of quality care to both our elective and emergency, acute and chronic illness cohort of patients across the 3rd floor. Our teams have a strong vision for patient centered care, leading the way in quality improvements to provide exceptional care for our patients.
A clinical nurse, your practice will lead to excellence in patient care. You understand the importance of establishing a relationship between the patient and yourself in order to achieve the best possible outcomes for your patients. You demonstrate the core nursing values of patient centred care, trust and respect in every interaction with patients, carers and colleagues. As nurse, you are accountable for establishing and evaluating the patient’s plan of care in partnership with the patient, their careers and other members of the health care team. You are supported in your role as a clinical nurse by all other nursing positions.
- Registered Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia via AHPRA
- Minimum 1 year experience working in an acute hospital
- Possess excellent critical thinking, and time-management skills and enjoy working in a dynamic and fast-paced clinical environment
- Passion for providing quality patient-centered care
- Strong interest in Cardiac care
- Cardiac experience (desirable)
- Critical Care Certificate (desirable)
- Comprehensive orientation and education led by our dedicated Cardiac education team
- Access to Salary Packaging and Novated Leasing
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives in addition to discounted health insurance
- Discounted on-site car parking
- On-site gym
If you have any questions or would like to discuss this opportunity further, please contact Gemma Tate (NUM 3W) on 9076 3632 or email@example.com.
Applications close 11pm Thursday, 2nd June 2022
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In compliance with the Victorian Chief Health Officer's Mandatory Vaccination Directions, all Alfred health employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 with TGA approved vaccine and must have evidence of their vaccination status.