Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Employment Status - Fixed term (renewable)
- Full time - 76 hours per fortnight
- Location: Monash University at the Alfred Hospital precinct, Melbourne
- Staff benefits
The position will be based in the School of Public Health and Preventive Medicine, Monash University, in one of Australia’s most active, dynamic, comprehensive and vibrant biomedical research precincts. The School is home to some of the world’s most successful and productive co-operative clinical research groups, and provides leading facilities, expertise and know-how in clinical trial design, registries and integrated project management.
The position provides a rare opportunity to play a leading role in the global development of collaborative clinical research and trials in melanoma and skin cancer. With core funding from Cancer Australia, MASC Trials is a critical node of innovation in these cancers, linking clinicians and other researchers nationally and internationally with the infrastructure and networks that enable large-scale trials and other clinical research. The successful applicant will have a strong strategic mindset and display evidence of essential characteristics of the position: leadership, collaboration, team-building, innovative thinking, and a proven ability for positive engagement of stakeholders and to generate funding opportunities
Key expected competencies include:
- Proven leadership skills, and the ability to motivate, develop and monitor individual and team performance;
- Evidence of strategic thinking ability, fostering operational excellence, and attention to corporate governance requirements
- Capacity to lead and manage organizational change and to build and display appropriate values;
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills, including high-level abilities in negotiation, time management and project planning
- Ability to generate revenue streams via major donors, corporate partnerships, media campaigns and community fundraising
- Ability to develop a collaborative organisational culture
- Attractive remuneration including salary packaging
- Opportunities for career development support
- Discount Health Insurance
- Onsite Gym availability
- Child care services
- Location in one of Melbourne’s premier residential and commercial precincts
Please include a full CV and cover letter.
Enquiries to email@example.com
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In compliance with the Victorian Chief Health Officer's Mandatory Vaccination Directions, all Alfred health employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 with TGA approved vaccine and must have evidence of their vaccination status.