Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community-based services.
Clinical and Research Nurse: Alfred Health MS and Neuroimmunology Service (MSNI)
- Part-time role - 64 hours per fortnight
- Ongoing position with Alfred Health
- Classification: RN Grade 3B
- Alfred location
- Staff benefits
Neurology has long been recognised as one of the major clinical and research strengths of Alfred Health. Core activities of the department include: Clinical Services, The MS and Neuroimmunology Unit, MSNI Research, Education & Training and Patient Engagement.
The MSNI Clinical Nurse role provides an opportunity to join a dynamic team of MS and neuroimmunology clinicians focussed on delivering excellent care to people with MS and Neuroimmunological disorders at Alfred Health, Department of Neurology. The MSNI Clinical nurse will work closely with a Senior MSNI nurse consultant, Research Nurse Coordinator and MSNI medical consultants. There is close interaction with the MSNI senior admin officer, clinical research team, research fellows and students involved in clinical trials. The post holder will be work closely with people with MS and Neuroimmunological disorders at all Alfred Health campuses. The position allows for the development of specialist nursing skills in the area of MS and Neuroimmunology and the incumbent will be encouraged to develop specialist nursing skills in this area.
The position is for 3 days (up to 4 days) a week, with some opportunity for flexibility with the timetable.
Qualifications and Experience
- Registration as a Registered Nurse (Division 1) with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia
- Venipuncture, ECG and intravenous cannulation skills
- Undertake a CASA Course every 2 years.
- Obtain and maintain yearly Basic Life Support accreditation
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Strong and proven time management skills
- Have good working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Outlook
- Ability to work independently with other services and departments in the hospital and community
- Postgraduate qualification in health and/or management or working towards this
- Clinical knowledge regarding Multiple Sclerosis, Neuroimmunology and/or Neuroscience nursing
- Child care
- Car parking
- Discount health insurance.
- Close to public transport.
For all enquiries regarding this position please contact Anneke Van Der Walt at firstname.lastname@example.org or (03) 99030555
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In compliance with the Victorian Chief Health Officer's Mandatory Vaccination Directions, all Alfred health employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 with TGA approved vaccine and must have evidence of their vaccination status.