Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Occupational Therapist Senior Clinician (Grade 3), Stream Leader: Acute Neuroscience and Trauma.
- 12 month Parental Leave replacement until 9/12/2022
- Full time – 80 hours per fortnight + ADO accrual (part-time and job share will be considered)
- Located at The Alfred
The Alfred Occupational Therapy service operates across The Alfred, Caulfield and Sandringham Hospitals. Occupational Therapy activity is aligned to Alfred Health strategic goals and operational performance targets. The Occupational Therapy service is committed to the teaching and ongoing professional education of staff and students, research and quality improvement activities. All occupational therapy staff must meet the profession’s competency-based minimum standards of practice at all times.
An exciting opportunity exists in the Occupational Therapy Department at The Alfred Hospital for a Grade 3, Senior Clinician to lead the Occupational Therapy Neuroscience and Trauma Stream. In this role, you would provide leadership to a team of up to 10 clinicians and AHAs with a focus on providing compassionate evidence-based acute occupational therapy services.
If you are committed to providing excellent patient-centred care, interested in supporting leadership of research in the areas of neuroscience and trauma, and passionate about developing the capacity of a team to respond to the changing healthcare environment then we would love to talk with you.
The successful applicant will demonstrate advanced clinical skills in neurological occupational therapy practice, experience in leading a team, and a strong understanding and commitment to implementing evidence based practice within the clinical setting. They will also possess an ability to build strong relationships with the multi-disciplinary team, patients and care partners. As the leader in the Acute Neuroscience and Trauma stream the applicant will possess clinical skills in areas such as neurosurgery, trauma, orthopaedics, neurology and/or stroke care.
This role provides opportunity to shape innovative service models such as the early trauma rehabilitation program, and to collaborate with colleagues across the continuum of care to improve patient experience and longer term patient outcomes. We are seeking a Senior Occupational Therapist who is enthusiastic, patient centred and dedicated to their own development as well as that of staff and students.
- B. Occupational Therapy, B. App Sc (OT), MOT Prac. or recognised equivalent.
- Post graduate qualification (Masters level) in one of Occupational Therapy, Public Health, Research and/or Health Management or working towards same.
- Full Registration held with the Occupational Therapy Board of Australia (AHPRA).
- Member of OT Australia (or eligibility for membership).
- Current Victorian Driver’s License (unrestricted).
- Access to Salary Packaging and Novated Leasing
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives in addition to discounted health insurance
- On-site child care centre
- On-site car parking
- On-site gymnasium
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, we would welcome your application. Applications should include a cover letter and CV addressing the key selection criteria.
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Karen Roberts, Allied Health Manager - Occupational Therapy on Ph: 0419 106 099 or email@example.com.
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.