Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Fixed Term Part Time - 64hours / fortnight
- Maternity Leave cover until 22/04/2022
- Grade 4A
- Across Alfred Health – Caulfield campus
Alfred, Home Acute and Community (HAC) is a clinical program across Alfred Health of which the MATS service is a part. HAC & MATS play an integral role within Victoria’s health care system, supporting people to maximise their independence and functioning, and minimise long-term healthcare needs. HAC oversees a diverse group of services promoting effective seamless care, from acute care, through to the community. These services are provided in hospital, community-based settings and in people’s homes.
The Mobile Assessment and Treatment Service (MATS), is looking for an experienced Registered Nurse to join our team to cover a Maternity leave position. The successful applicant will be motivated to optimise the health experiences of frail elderly patients living in residential care or the community setting. The Grade 4A MATS RN is primarily responsible for triage and intake of new referrals into the MATS program, and clinical coordination of current MATS clients and the outreach resources they require. The incumbent will enjoy outreach work and will have a keen interest in aged care and caring for those with acute and chronic illness. The role requires that the successful applicant can demonstrate the ability to work within and provide leadership for a multidisciplinary team, whilst also working independently in the community. The successful applicant will work closely with community stakeholders such as, GP’s, residential care staff, Ambulance Victoria and other community services, and various specialties across Alfred Health to manage patients in the community thus preventing avoidable admissions to hospital.
Desirable experience includes a background in all or any of the following:
- General Medical Nursing, Emergency Nursing, Acute Aged Care Nursing, or Sub-acute Nursing. Key professional attributes include knowledge and experience in clinical triage, a commitment to work flexibly with internal and external services and a high standard of written and verbal communicaiton skills.
- A current Victorian Drivers licence is an essential requirement.
- Clinical leadership competencies include extensive experience in the acute care of older persons, and excellent assessment, prioritisation, team-coordination, documentation, and communication skills. Clinical competencies include I.V. cannulation, phlebotomy, male and female catheterisation, wound care, and administration of therapies such as infusions.
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- Car Parking (subject to availability)
- Onsite Gym
- Child care services
MATS operates 7 days per week and shifts are rotational, between 0800-1630 and 1130-2000. The grade 4A also participates in an after hours oncall roster on a rotational basis. The role is available for an immediate start. Applications should include your current CV and a cover letter.
Inquiries for further information are welcomed, contact either Georgina Calder on 0429 358 722 / firstname.lastname@example.org or Emina Pilav on 0439 803 544 / email@example.com
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.