Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Permanent - Ongoing
- Full Time – 76 hours per fortnight
- Classification – HS6
- The Alfred
DEPARTMENT: Engineering & Facilities Management Services
Engineering & Facilities Management Services is responsible for the maintenance of buildings, infrastructure and plant, facilities compliance and delivering minor capital works projects. The Department is responsible for planning, implementing, and maintaining the infrastructure and equipment of buildings and facilities across all of Alfred Health sites – The Alfred, Caulfield, Sandringham and associated community sites.
POSITION: Deputy Director, Engineering & Facility Services – The Alfred
The Deputy Director Engineering & Facilities (The Alfred) is responsible for delivering high confidence service programs ensuring Alfred Health’s facilities remain fit for purpose. The safe, compliant and efficient operation of buildings and systems will ensure clinical teams are able to focus on patient care.
The position will be based at The Alfred but may include other Alfred Health’s facilities as required.
The position works collaboratively with the Deputy Director, Engineering & Facilities Management – Caulfield, Sandringham & Community and will deputise for Director, Engineering & Facilities Management Services as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Engineering related degree or trade qualifications in a building service related discipline
- Extensive experience in the maintenance of complex buildings, preferably in a hospital environment
- Thorough understanding of essential service regulations
- Current drivers’ licence
- Demonstrated leadership ability and strong communications skills conducive to effectively working with colleagues, motivating and managing staff to better performance, and the capacity to drive projects and initiatives to deliver successful outcomes.
- Safety conscious in terms of both OH&S and hospital infection control requirements
- High level interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to identify risks, problem solve and deliver solutions
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- Car Parking (subject to availability)
- Onsite Gym
- Child care services
Please address your cover letter to Mark Curtis, Director Engineering Services. Please attach your Cover letter and CV to your application.
All queries to Mark Curtis, M.Curtis2@alfred.org.au
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.