Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Permanent position
- Full-Time - 80 hours per fortnight, plus ADO
- Classification - TA20-TA22
- Alfred location
- Staff benefits
The Pharmacy services operate over 4 sites within Alfred Health and incorporate extensive clinical, education and research programmes involving training interns, undergraduate and postgraduate pharmacists and overseas research students. Services have been aligned with the Alfred Health clinical programme structure. Pharmacists are essential members of all clinical teams and have a critical role in patient management. Their understanding of medications, therapeutics, and medicine management ensures Alfred Health patients receive the best possible care.
The service has 3 key priorities:
- Medication Safety
- Cost effective use of medicines
- Delivery of specialist pharmacy expertise at critical points in the patient care pathway
Further information is available at http://www.alfredhealth.org.au/Department.aspx?ID=180
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated pharmacist with experience in clinical pharmacy and education to Lead the Pharmacy Workforce and Development Team in a full-time ongoing position.
As the Lead Pharmacist - Workforce and Development, you will lead the development and management of core clinical education activities, including the design and implementation of key programs in our department. These programs include our intern, undergraduate, residency and advanced residency programs, as well as key clinical pharmacy credentials for extended scope of practice activities. You will aslo be expected and suported to conduct practice-based research projects in clinical pharmacy and clinical education.
As the successful candidate you will demonstrate:
- Experience with clinical education in a hospital or academic setting
- High level of clinical skills and knowledge as well as judgement and reasoning
- Demonstrated skills in change-management
- Problem-solving and risk assessment abilities and the ability to use initiative
- Excellent communication, time management skills with the ability to prioritise, plan and organise your work and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to work effectively in multidisciplinary teams
- Experience developing and building learning packages/credentialing programs
Qualifications & Experience required
- Registered pharmacist in Australia
- Relevant post-graduate qualification in clinical pharmacy or clinical education highly desirable
- Extensive experience in leading or developing educational programmes
- Extensive clinical pharmacy experience in a tertiary care setting
- Portfolio and/or credential demonstrating Stage 3 (Advanced Level) on the Australian Advancing Practice framework highly desirable
Benefits & Assistance Offered
Staff benefits include salary packaging, accrued day off, on site car parking, discounted private health insurance, access to gym and library facilities. Close to public transport and shops.
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, including your resume and cover letter.
For a confidential discussion please contact Diana Sandulache: Deputy Director of Pharmacy - Workforce and Culture on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be submitted electronically via the Alfred Health website - applications forwarded to the contact email address will not be considered.
Applications close Sunday 31st of October 2021.
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.