Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Job Title: New Graduate Occupational Therapist and Social Worker- Allied Health Entry Level Program
- Classification: Grade 1 Occupational Therapist Yr 2/3 (dependent on qualifications & experience) Victorian Public Mental Health Services Mental Health Agreement 2016-2020
- Classification: Grade 1 Social Worker Yr 2/3 (dependent on qualifications & experience) Victorian Public Mental Health Services Mental Health Agreement 2016-2020
- Full-time: 80 hours per fortnight
- Fixed Term Contract - 2 years
- Category: Alfred Mental & Addiction Health, Occupational Therapy and Social Work
Alfred Mental & Addiction Health:
Alfred Health is the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne and is also a major provider of specialist services to people across Victoria. The health service operates three outstanding facilities, The Alfred, Caulfield, and Sandringham. Alfred Mental and Addiction Health is responsible for the operation of services which focus on people with a severe mental illness residing in the Inner South Eastern area of Melbourne.
Commencing February 2022, we have multiple positions available for recently graduated Occupational Therapists and Social workers, interested in pursuing a fulfilling career in public mental health, to join our team at AMAH. As an entry level Occupational Therapist and Social Worker, you will have the opportunity to enhance people’s quality of life by enabling them to participate in meaningful occupation through targeted assessment and intervention across a number of reputable clinical service areas.
Successful applicants will be provided:
- Inclusion in the prestigious 24 month Allied Health Entry Level Program
- Rigorous Orientation Program
- Regular clinical supervision
- Involvement in the discipline-specific Peer Support Program
- Protected education, training, and professional development time and opportunities to ensure proficiency in core competencies
- Targeted career planning and progression consultations
- Graded caseloads
- A full time contract plus monthly ADO’s
- Generous salary packaging and super contributions
- Discounted on-site car parking
- On-site gym
In order to be considered for one of these prestigious positions you will need:
For Occupational Therapists
- Registration as an Occupational Therapist with AHPRA
- Bachelor and/or Masters of Occupational Therapy or equivalent
- Eligibility for membership of OT Australia
- Full Australian working rights
Or for Social Work
- Bachelor and/or Masters of Social Work or equivalent
- Eligibility for membership of AASW
- Full Australian working rights
If you are interested in finding out more about this exciting opportunity please submit your CV (including two final year SPEF summaries (final summary pages only) and academic transcript) and cover letter before the closing date.
For information regarding the position and process refer to the frequently asked questions and position description. If further clarification is required please contact Harriet Muse on 0406 085 149 for Occupational Therapy and Joel Sharrock on 0427 621 982 for social work for a confidential discussion.
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.