Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Permanent, part-time positions x 2
- Based across Moorabbin & Dandenong
- Registered Psychiatric Nurse Grade 4, Social Worker/Speech Pathologist/Occupational Therapist/Psychologist Grade 3
- Portable long service leave from other public health services
Alfred CYMHS is one component of the Department of Mental & Addiction Health at Alfred Health. We are a community-based service providing comprehensive assessment, treatment and case management to infants, children, adolescents and young people up to the age of 25 years of age presenting with behavioural, emotional, psychiatric or developmental difficulties.
What you’ll be doing
In this position, you will support the implementation of reform in the family support and out of home care sector through an action-based pilot program to better support the needs of sibling groups in out of home care.
You will partner closely with Child Protection teams and services to facilitate planning for sibling contact and increased mobilisation of support networks as part of routine practice. There will be core elements of direct therapeutic intervention, as well as primary, secondary and tertiary consultation designed to support improved communication, integration and co-ordination between services.
What you’ve got
- Approved tertiary qualifications and eligibility for membership of AHPRA or appropriate professional body
- Developmental Psychiatry course or equivalent (desirable)
- Training and experience in providing child and adolescent mental health services (desirable)
- Australian working rights
- Current Victorian Driver’s Licence
- Have/be willing to apply for a valid Victorian Working with Children Check and be willing to undergo a background check
What’s in it for you
- Access to salary packaging, discounted health insurance and banking
- Frequent professional development opportunities
- Great work-life balance
- Located close to public transport, shops and restaurants
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, include your resume and cover letter.
For more information regarding the position, please contact Denise Fry or Susan Jackson on ph: 8552 0555
Closing date: Sunday 17 October 2021 by 11pm AEST
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.