Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Senior Clinical Research Coordinator
- Full Time, 38 hours per week. 12 month Contract
- Scientist Grade 3 / Registered Nurse Grade 4B
- The Alfred Centre, 99 Commercial Road, Melbourne.
The Department of Neurology has long been recognised as one of the major clinical and research strengths of Alfred Health. The Neuroscience Clinical Trials unit is one of the largest clinical trials program in Australia, running more than 50 commercial and investigator initiated clinical trials in Epilepsy, Neurotrauma, Dementing and Neurodegenerative Disorders, Movement Disorders, Headache and Pain.
The Senior Clinical Research Coordinator is responsible for leading the management of the dementia and movement disorders trials unit and, in consultancy with the Director of Neuroscience Clinical Trails Unit/Alfred Brain, long term operational planning and growth of the unit. Responsibilities include being the direct point of contact for sponsors and CROs interested in working with our team, operational, and financial review of proposed studies, budget and contract negotiations with CROs/sponsor, submissions to HREC/RGO, and management and supervision of dementia and movement disorders research nurses/coordinators.
- Experience in coordinating clinical research and trials within Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines, specifically in neurology.
- Proven skills in the management of the activities of a multi-disciplinary team who are engaged in clinical research projects to ensure compliance with protocols and overall clinical objectives.
- Familiarity with the clinical aspects of neurology and relevant sub specialties.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Strong and proven time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate clinical trials as part of the multi-disciplinary health care team
An attractive salary, and opportunity to have leadership role in a dynamic, world leading, clinical trials team.
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- Onsite Gym
- Child care services
If applicable, specify specific requirements that you require in the cover letter or CV.
All enquiries to Prof. Terence O’Brien, Director Alfred Brain (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Mr. Jack Germaine, Senior Neuroscience Clinical Trials Coordinator (J.Germaine@alfred.org.au).
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.