Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Permanent Full Time (or Part Time through negotiation)
- Nursing or Allied Health - Classification based on qualifications
- Caulfield location
- Staff benefits
Advance Care Planning (ACP) promotes every person’s right to autonomy, dignity and fully informed consent in relation to their future healthcare treatment. ACP supports individuals through a process of planning for future health and personal care and is underpinned by the Medical Treatment Planning and Decision Act 2016 (Vic).
The program provides a service for any Alfred Health patient or anyone living in the Alfred Health catchment to assist them through the ACP process. The program provides education and training for staff and consumers. Consumer information sessions are also held to enable members of the community to understand ACP. As the Executive Officer, Manager has responsibility for the coordination of the Alfred Health End of Life Care Committee and the associated program of work. The Manager provides support and leadership to Voluntary Assisted Dying Liaison Officer who is member of the ACP Team.
The role of the ACP Manager/EO is to provide leadership for ACP and end of life care across Alfred Health. This includes providing supervision and support to the staff of the ACP program including the Voluntary Assisted Dying Liaison Officer, supporting and training staff across Alfred Health and in the local catchment area to assist patients with ACP, and supporting and assisting patients to complete the ACP process. The role is responsible for ensuring the ACP program meets the Alfred Health Statement of Priorities, the key priority areas outlined in the Victorian Advance Care Planning Implementation Strategy, complies with the relevant standards under the National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards.
The role includes the mentoring and education of staff in ACP and may include active facilitation of ACP discussions in clinical areas.
The position has a key role and responsibility in coordinating and supporting the Improving End of Life Care committee and is responsible for ensuring legislative compliance and reporting requirements of the Voluntary Assisted Dying Act.
Although based at Caulfield Hospital, the ACP Manager/EO will be expected to work across all three hospital sites.
- Significant experience in a clinical health professional discipline and a tertiary health qualification
- Experience in providing clinical patient care in situations, where advance care planning is applicable (eg. aged care, residential care, chronic disease management)
- Experience in project/ change management or quality improvements in complex organisations
- Understanding of the principles of ACP and relevant legislation surrounding limitation of treatment.
- Understanding the Voluntary Assisted Dying legislation and permit application process
- Demonstrated high level of communication and interpersonal skills that promotes teamwork and collaboration, and a proven ability to liaise with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent ability to build trust and rapport with clients and excellent listening and reflection skills
- Well developed analytical, writing and educational skills
- Excellent organisational skills including the ability to work autonomously and prioritise workload
- Sound use of Microsoft programs including Outlook, Word, Powerpoint and Excel
- Salary packaging
- Staff parking
- Close to public transport and shops
For enquiries please contact Narelle Best on 0419 322 525.
Applications close at 11 pm Thursday, 19 May 2022.
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.