Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Social worker Grade 2 - Alfred Health
- Permanent- Full Time
- Alfred Health
- Staff benefits
The Alfred Health Social Work Service operates across The Alfred, Caulfield and Sandringham Hospitals.The Social Work Service includes approximately 52 EFT (operational reports) with an additional 70 EFT (professional reports) who provide interventions to inpatients and outpatients across all Alfred Health clinical programs. The Social Work Service is aligned to the Alfred Health strategic goals and operational performance targets.The Social Work Service is committed to the teaching and ongoing professional education of staff and students, research and quality improvement activities. All Social Work staff must meet the profession’s competency-based minimum standards of practice at all times. All Social Work staff must be eligible for AASW registration. This role will work across The Alfred, Caulfield Hospital and Sandringham Hospital when required.
This role will sit at Alfred Health but has the ability to also provide a flexible working enviornment. The successful candidate will need to have relevant experience in a hospital setting and be able to provide comprehensive psychosocial assessments and discharge planning. The role will work across Alfred Health if and when required. This role will also require the candidate to provide remote psychosocial assessments to The Alfred's Hotel support serrvices to assist patients in hotel quarantine. The role will involve providing counselling, discharge planning and relevant supports as and when required. Under the guidance of an Allied health team leader, relevant supports will need to be offered to assist the patient and or family with thier well being and onward discharge planning. The successful candidate will also work as part of Social Work team, to foster innovation and excellence in the delivery of Social Work to patients admitted to The Alfred, Caulfield and Sandringham Hospital if required. The Social Worker is responsible for the provision of Social Work services to patients and their families/significant others. Skills and experience in in identifying and intervening with risk is required (for example, family violence, child safety and disability), and the ability to collaborate for successful and safe discharge with multiple service providers is required. Counselling skills particularly in trauma informed care as well as greif and loss skills will be vital to this role. Capacity to work with the interdisciplinary team and development and maintenance of community partnerships are important aspects of the social work service. The Social Worker is required to consult with staff, both Social Workers and those from other disciplines, on issues relevant to patient care and provide advanced case work expertise.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Approved degree in Social Work and evidence of eligibility for membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW).
- Advanced social work skills and experience in a hospital setting or health sector is vital for this role.
- A knowledge of the health setting and the psychosocial impact it has on the patient population and individual coping.
- Demonstrated experience in the area of subacute/acute health and an understanding of this diverse patient population.
- Ability to develop and foster collaborative working arrangements and strategic alliance with relevant key stakeholders and organisations such as NDIA, TAC, ACAS and TCP.
- Demonstrated experience in social work student supervision and an interest and commitment in the professional supervision of staff.
- Experience in the ability to be a team player within the larger clinical service team and demonstrated experience in supporting the leadership within a team and working together with Team Leaders to promote and assist in the leadership of the social work service.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a caseload.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Will need a current Working with Children’s check to undertake this role
- Computer literacy
- Post graduate qualifications in Social Work or a related field.
- Salary packaging
- Novated leasing
- Easy public transport access and discounted staff car parking
Closing date: September 27, 2021
If you are interested in this position or would like any further details, please contact Tina Chivende on 9076 3026
Please direct further queries to Devereaux de Silva on 90763026
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.