Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Fixed term - until 31 December 2021
- Full time - 80 hours per fortnight, plus ADO
- Classification code - Pharmacist Grade 2 (SX2-SX5)
- Alfred location
- Staff benefits
The Pharmacy services operate across all Alfred Health sites and are well recognised nationally and internationally for high quality, innovative, patient-focused services, education and training programmes as well as significant research output.
Operational pharmacy services are an integral part of the Pharmacy department, ensuring safe, appropriate, timely and cost effective delivery of medication to patients and services across Alfred Health.
As part of the Vaccinations team you will work closely with your fellow team members across the different campuses to assist in COVID-19 vaccine preparation; including the training and supervision of Intern Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students and Pharmacy Technicians. This position offers an exciting opportunity to be a part of a large-scale project to vaccinate against COVID-19.
In addition to this role, you will provide support to the Operations Team, which includes components such as: Inpatient, Discharge and Outpatient dispensary services, Aseptic and Manufacturing services, Clinical Trial and Medical Day Unit.
You will work collaboratively with the multidisciplinary teams and the operational services to achieve the best medication management outcomes for our patients. You will contribute to improving medication management on a larger scale through contributing to research projects and service & process improvement work as required. As Alfred Health is an academic health centre, you will supervise and mentor local and international students as well as other pharmacy staff.
- A patient-centred approach to care
- Excellent knowledge, judgement and reasoning
- Excellent communication and time management skills with the ability to prioritise, plan and organise your work and deliver to deadlines
- Problem solving and risk assessment abilities and the ability to use initiative
- Commitment to developing as a clinician through post-graduate study
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
- Registered pharmacist with AHPRA
- Onsite gym
- Child care
- Discount health insurance
- Access to onsite discounted staff car parking
- Access to benefits including salary packaging options that increase your take-home pay and a comprehensive Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, and submit your resume and cover letter.
Applications close Sunday 19th September 2021.
For a confidential discussion please contact Alex McDonald, Senior Pharmacist - Vaccine Services - Tel: +61 3 9076 2061 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be submitted electronically via the Alfred Health website - applications forwarded to the contact email address will not be considered.
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.