Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Locum Podiatrist Grade 2 - fixed term contract
- Part-Time – 72 hours per fortnight
- Classification code – Podiatrist Grade 2 - CV8
- Alfred and Caulfield locations
- Staff benefits
The Alfred Podiatry Service provides acute foot care to patients with high risk foot problems, including ulceration, infection, Charcot foot and acute wounds. The service includes outpatient and inpatient treatments with a strong focus on wound management and comprehensive case management.
The Podiatry staff work in collaboration with many other hospital departments to provide patient care of the highest standard and take pride in maintaining treatments in line with the latest evidence based practice.
There is a strong focus on continuing professional development for all staff and research is encouraged.
We are seeking an experienced podiatrist to fill a part time locum position in the Podiatry service. This would include providing care for inpatients and outpatients, across Alfred Health, supporting the other team members and attending team meetings as required. Student supervision would also form part of the job requirement.
The successful applicant would have inpatient wound management experience and current registration with the Podiatry Board of Australia.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Tertiary qualification in Podiatry and registration with the Podiatry Board of Australia via AHPRA
- A minimum of 2 years postgraduate experience
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in diabetes foot management including evidence of continuing education and involvement in quality activities
- Demonstrated attributes and accomplishments consistent with being an experienced clinician
- Highly developed organisation and time management skills
- Highly developed interpersonal, written and electronic communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to provide training and supervision to junior staff and students
- Demonstrated capacity to motivate staff and to contribute to a positive organisational culture
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- Car Parking (subject to availability)
- Onsite Gym
- Childcare services
Applications by close of business, Friday 17th September 2021 via the online recruitment system at www.alfred.org.au.
All Enquiries to: Liz Perry - Manager, Podiatry Services on 0407 376 680
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.